Amperage draw question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I tried this over in the 60 section but should've placed the thread in the 24V section.

I think I may have an extremely slow draw on my hj60 and have been trying to hunt it down. I went through every fuse and unfortunately didn't see any change to the below DCA on my meter, it stayed at the 0.010 reading.

May not be an issue if you guys say this amount isn't enough to drain the batteries.

Current reading:
Driver side: 12.78
Passenger side: 12.68

When I hooked them up a week ago, they read with new batteries:
Driver side: 13.00
Passenger Side: 12.98

Here's the amp draw reading from today's testing exercise:

IMG_4237.JPG

Just to confirm.. you do have the meter in SERIES with you battery dont you? Or are you using the clamp function? I wouldnt use a clamp function for a parastic draw test.

And.. finally.. is the meter capable of reading current using the leads as it doesnt appear to have an "A" for amps above the red lead..

Just to confirm.. you do have the meter in SERIES with you battery dont you? Or are you using the clamp function? I wouldnt use a clamp function for a parastic draw test.

And.. finally.. is the meter capable of reading current using the leads as it doesnt appear to have an "A" for amps above the red lead..

I'm using in series and yes, the meter can measure DCA however I have recently read to use a regular multimeter and not the clamp for testing in series so I'm going to try again.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom