amp question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ive had a power loss in my battery for the last few days. If it sits for more than one night my 87 runner will not start. (all connections and such are good). New battery so i went to blame it after doing a couple of quick tests. My results was puzzling so thats why i am asking. im reading perfect volts all the time with or without load. But when amps was checked it tested at 26 at idle and 32 under full load. (and full load means everything possible on) so my question is should my alternater shoot up that high under full load? somebody elses reason was that high of a load is slowly toasting my battery. sorry if i left anything out im just at school so off i go.and thanks:beer:

Last edited:
sounds like a you have a draw. an easy way to find it is make sure EVERYTHING is off and get a test light. first check the amp, starter, alternator, and then go to the fuses. disconect amp at batt and clamp to batt with test light and touch the amp power wire with probe. if it lights up there is your draw. if not keep going. to do the fuses just touch the two females with the tester.

Last edited:
you will never kill a battery with too many amps just too many volts or to little of either. my honda puts out seventy amps. some vehiclesare over 150. you'll only push as many amps out of it as your load is drawing. so the toy will probebly put out more if it needed too.

you will never kill a battery with too many amps just too many volts or to little of either. my honda puts out seventy amps. some vehiclesare over 150. you'll only push as many amps out of it as your load is drawing. so the toy will probebly put out more if it needed too.
thank you man;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom