Amp issues…anyone have this problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So all of a sudden my audio died. No sound. The buttons all still work for nav climate etc. volume control knob takes the numbers up and down but no sound on tape cd radio.

I read on here that it has to be the amp. So I buy a used amp on ebay and plug it in but no luck. Im out $300.

I have a BT-45 installed and I disconnected that and still nothing.

Last night I discovered that on max volume while streaming music Im hearing very very low volume music. Its a little louder when I first turn on the radio and then it dims down a bit.

What could this be? Navigation voice and all the other beeps on adjusting climate control etc work just fine

I went into the “secret menu” and got this:

64ECCB94-4497-4CF8-86C8-349A3160FF93.jpeg

If its not showing any codes does it mean the amp is good?

So Im thinking of sending my original amp to united radio to have it checked out for peace of mind. I am not convinced its the amp because the volume knob and equalizer functions still work. Most amp death threads on here lose those functions. Plus I put in a replacement amp and still nothing.

The other possibility is it could be the cassette head unit?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Blown speaker is my guess. Probably showing a dead short on one of the channels of the amp sending the amp into protection mode. Likely Sub since that usually fails first then front lower speakers since they act as a sub as well if you have 3 way ML system. Hope that gives you some direction.

Blown speaker is my guess. Probably showing a dead short on one of the channels of the amp sending the amp into protection mode. Likely Sub since that usually fails first then front lower speakers since they act as a sub as well if you have 3 way ML system. Hope that gives you some direction.
The sound from nav works fine so I doubt front speakers are blown. I may just open the door panels and check👍🏻

Sound from Nav typically comes through the center dash speaker and/or the left front tweeter if memory serves. But, I could very well be wrong.

If it isn't the speakers that are blown, I would look into replacing the head unit with one pulled from a wrecked LX.
I had a similar issue (though I had ZERO sound coming from my door speakers, and no codes reported on my "secret menu"), and replacing the head unit with another solved my issue. It was around $150 on eBay, and when I plugged it in, it's like the issue was never there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom