American Spec updated 200 coming to Chicago auto show (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota | 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser to Make North American Debut at Chicago Auto Show

, ''
Land Cruiser will now come with all features as standard equipment, including new driving-performance components, and an array of significant safety and convenience features. Standard performance and safety features include five-speed CRAWL control with Off-Road Turn Assist, Multi-Terrain Select, Multi-Terrain Anti-lock Brakes with Electronic Brake Distribution, Trailer Sway Control, Pre-Collision System, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and a retuned suspension. ''

No mention of Kdss , could it mean the US 200 is getting AHC ?

I just brought home my 2013 200 series and Toyota did an awesome job with it. Lights that actually work! Not only can I see what's in front of me, but they adjust vertically to compensate for your load or a trailer. The heated and ventilated leather seats are so plush they far excel in comfort from the 2011. I've read concerns that the grill logo it getting larger. The secret is that it is hiding the radar for the cruiser control that allows the Cruiser to almost drive itself. The Multi-Information screen shows the car up to 400' in front of you. As it gets within an adjustable distant, the Cruiser will will slow down and follow it and then speed back up to your preset speed when it moves out of your way. All the wheelin features are cool but I think this is going to be for fire road excursions and leave the trails to my FZJ80 and the rock crawling to the '76 and '79 FJ40 (at least until the newness wears off). Well speaking of crawling, the Multi-Terrain Monitoring allows you to view your sliders on both sides and right in front of you with lines that appear on the monitor to show where your tires are going to go. I could go on and on about it but I know know that I will be enjoying this for the next 300k miles and if you can, it is worth it!!!!

3c04079a-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I had heard that on the '13, you could easily remove the 3rd row seats. Could you verify, please?

Oh Ren said:
I just brought home my 2013 200 series and Toyota did an awesome job with it. Lights that actually work! Not only can I see what's in front of me, but they adjust vertically to compensate for your load or a trailer. The heated and ventilated leather seats are so plush they far excel in comfort from the 2011. I've read concerns that the grill logo it getting larger. The secret is that it is hiding the radar for the cruiser control that allows the Cruiser to almost drive itself. The Multi-Information screen shows the car up to 400' in front of you. As it gets within an adjustable distant, the Cruiser will will slow down and follow it and then speed back up to your preset speed when it moves out of your way. All the wheelin features are cool but I think this is going to be for fire road excursions and leave the trails to my FZJ80 and the rock crawling to the '76 and '79 FJ40 (at least until the newness wears off). Well speaking of crawling, the Multi-Terrain Monitoring allows you to view your sliders on both sides and right in front of you with lines that appear on the monitor to show where your tires are going to go. I could go on and on about it but I know know that I will be enjoying this for the next 300k miles and if you can, it is worth it!!!!

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Congrats! Awesome truck you have there. So how many cameras in total does it have, and how many of them can be turned on while driving? I've always wished these were more readily available for those moments when you don't have someone spotting you...

subscribed

This ’13 is a very nice ride. I would love to give you more details, but there are so many cool features the best I can do is answer questions.
I don’t know that the rear seats are what you can call easily removed, but it looks like they can be unbolted. They fold up very easily and lock in place. When the third row seats are down and open, there is a pocket behind the seat to stow the center headrest so that you don’t have to always see it in your rear view mirror.
There are a total of four cameras on the ’13. There is of course one in the back and when you put it in reverse, the rear view shows on the monitor. When you are backing up, there are lines that show where you are going and they move with your steering input.
There is one camera in the front grill and one on each side mounted under the side view mirrors (the Lexus only has a passenger side camera). On the monitor you have three choices. A wide front view and passenger side, side views from the B pillar forward and the other is the side views from the B pillar back. In low range, it displays a full screen front view and the other two views are the same. The cameras turn off at about 7 MPH. The front view shows trajectory lines for the inside and outside of the tires and also has distance guidelines at 3.3’ or 1m and at 1.6’ or .5m. The trajectory lines follow the steering inputs to show where your tires are going. The side view displays have lines that show the front of the vehicle, the contact point of the front and rear tires and a parallel line that indicates the side of your vehicle. There is an arc that indicates the path of travel of your rear tire that moves with your steering input and another arc that indicates the tightest turn possible of your rear tire UNLESS the turn assist is on. Turn assist basically locks up the inside rear tire to act as a turning brake. Pretty cool stuff.
There is a whole lot more technical stuff more to it. If you have any questions, please ask, I would be more than happy to answer. We love our new TLC!!!

Thanks for the details, OhRen. Congrats on your new ride! I'm sure you'll get some more questions :)

How is the new Entune interface? Does it blow away the 2011 set up?

Glad I didnt get an '11 now !! One question concerning the '13. Are the running boards still of the same design as the '08-'11 ones ? Meaning, are they still easily removed, unlike those on the LX570 ?

Glad I didnt get an '11 now !! One question concerning the '13. Are the running boards still of the same design as the '08-'11 ones ? Meaning, are they still easily removed, unlike those on the LX570 ?

the running boards are still the same for the US version .

The Atlanta Auto Show is this weekend, I am hoping the new 200 is there. I will try and crawl around in it and get some detailed pictures and post them. Interested to see the changes. They always seem to put a Sequoia or 4Runner (not knocking the vehicles, but they should showcase their flagship SUV).

thanks for the posts on the new one, oh ren. Haven't seen the wheels in person yet. They look real similar to the 11. Are they the same or if not how do you like them?

image-3786775066.jpg

Here is a look at the wheels on the '13. I like them, maybe in a few years I will change them out when ARB makes a bumper for it. You might be able to see the the running boards are removable. I was concerned about them being molded in like early pictures and the ones on the Lexus.
I have not been able to get the Entune to work with my IPhone yet. Really haven't put a lot of effort into it yet. I haven't needed it yet. With satellite radio and the IPhone connected I haven't needed Pandora. The navigation system helps me find restaurants if I ever needed them. I hope they come up with some more apps to make it useful.
The thing I don't like it the rear spoiler. I live on a dirt road and since there is no opening in it the back is always full of dust. A small sacrifice. Still live it, an unbelievable vehicle.
image-3786775066.jpg

we are so close to that point where you really won't gonna need to touch the steering wheel .. ( if they have one off course .. )

Oh Ren said:
Here is a look at the wheels on the '13. I like them, maybe in a few years I will change them out when ARB makes a bumper for it. You might be able to see the the running boards are removable. I was concerned about them being molded in like early pictures and the ones on the Lexus.
I have not been able to get the Entune to work with my IPhone yet. Really haven't put a lot of effort into it yet. I haven't needed it yet. With satellite radio and the IPhone connected I haven't needed Pandora. The navigation system helps me find restaurants if I ever needed them. I hope they come up with some more apps to make it useful.
The thing I don't like it the rear spoiler. I live on a dirt road and since there is no opening in it the back is always full of dust. A small sacrifice. Still live it, an unbelievable vehicle.

Very cool. Question and favor, can you find the ballasts for the low beams and take pictures of them? Also, with the lights on facing a wall (to capture the beam pattern). About 20-30 feet away. I am curious to see the output, and find out which projector they are using. Like the photo below but with a wall instead of a road.
image-3209261649.jpg

2000UZJ said:
Very cool. Question and favor, can you find the ballasts for the low beams and take pictures of them? Also, with the lights on facing a wall (to capture the beam pattern). About 20-30 feet away. I am curious to see the output, and find out which projector they are using. Like the photo below but with a wall instead of a road.

I will get out at night a do that. I will also try to find the ballasts, hope I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom