Ambulance doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking of selling my ambulance doors. 76 model, green factory paint, no rust, good glass and hardware. Any opinions on what there worth?
Thanks

Last edited:
Cam, Your'e fawking hilarious! :) I wish I could think of things that funny.

Regarding the doors, there may be many of us interested. True rust free doors are very hard to come by. This means different things to different people. To some no rust means no holes big enough to throw a house cat through. To others, such as myself this means like they were frozen in time since new. If you do post pictures be sure to pull the weatherstripping away from the inside bottoms and have plenty of good, clear, high resolution pictures taken in good light. I hate to sound like the pessimist, just been burned. I bought a set of truly rust free doors from a guy in AZ. He was truthful in that they did in fact have absolutely no rust. What he failed to point out and include in the photos was that the truck had been in a rollover and the tops of the doors were smashed down 2". Good luck and let us know.

Last edited:
I can email more pictures

Let me try this again.

"If you do post pictures be sure to pull the weatherstripping away from the inside bottoms and have plenty of good, clear, high resolution pictures taken in good light."

Ok, they're green with what appears to be primer in the jamb and spotted here and there. They typically rust on the inside bottom behind the weatherstripping. The glass and hardware are virtually worthless.

Not trying to say you are being misleading, only that your offer to sell these is a big gambol without a better understanding of their condition. Sorry, just can't take you word for it.

HawkDriver said:
Saw a set on Ebay last week for over $600, the auction wasn't over when I last checked either.

Those doors were in very good shape. I didn't see any rust. I don't know how good yours are but if rust losses money.

you must have edited cuz my one liner is not funny now and makes no sense,

my doors have no rust, the did have a ton now they are part fibergalss/ bondo, it would be a miracle if those does had no rust, always rust on these things unless its been in a garage all its life. try selling em for 200.00 or 100.00 and see what happens. start high then lower your price if no one bites.

Relax kingpin,
I'm not even sure i want to sell them. Just trying to get a feel. I will follow up with better pictures(on your suggestion. Honestly i don't know whats under the weatherstripping they have been in a garage for years. I switched to tailgate/liftgate way back and haven't used them since. if you look at the picture you will see the overhead frame that you swap with the liftgate. Oh ya not primer, rino lined about 15 years back. Oh ya! cam' sorry about your one liner.

hey no prob, just tell me you thought it was funny, the doors look good, they could probly fetch some good change

General Sherman said:
Thinking of selling my ambulance doors. 76 model, green factory paint, no rust, good glass and hardware. Any opinions on what there worth?
Thanks

The doors off a '76 are not worth much at all...

Send them to me and I will take them off your hands. :D

Welcome to MUD General!

Ok then. If you can't accurately state the condition, you are unwilling to post meaningful pictures and you're not sure if you really want to sell them I'd say they are worth somewhere between $500 and you pay me $50 to throw them away for you. Have a nice day :)

dgangle said:
Let me try this again.

"If you do post pictures be sure to pull the weatherstripping away from the inside bottoms and have plenty of good, clear, high resolution pictures taken in good light."

Ok, they're green with what appears to be primer in the jamb and spotted here and there. They typically rust on the inside bottom behind the weatherstripping.
Code:
The glass and hardware are virtually worthless.
Not trying to say you are being misleading, only that your offer to sell these is a big gambol without a better understanding of their condition. Sorry, just can't take you word for it.

I just paid about $100 for one hinge and the handle from SOR.....FRIGGIN IDIOT!!!!!!

I will never buy anything from $OR. You should have asked, I and possibly others as well would have given these to you for the cost of the ride.

Who's the idiot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom