Ambulance door prop open solutions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I have been working/playing out of the back of my 40 and the darn doors do not stay open (wind, gravity) especially the driver side with the spare tire; and they bang together arghh.

I am interested in anyone's solutions, either low tech or high tech that have worked for propping the door/s open. I have fiddled with bunjee cords but I cant get it right. If there was a gas shock on the spare tire, then I suppose the door could be attached to it somehow... or a strap system?
0AFA126F-A5BD-4527-935C-1B1BCA628848.jpeg

Open your rear door and jam an appropriate sized piece of rubber between the door and the floor at the corner. Never done it, but should work.

In the aviation world, we use a small gas shock to hold the doors open and regulate the opening speed so they don't fling open in the wind:

That has the "aviation tax", but guessing you could recreate with a small commodity ball-end strut. The setup does work great for what it's supposed to do, and I'd wager they'd sit nicely up on the top header rail if you get the right size.
Amazon product ASIN B07XZ99XGZ

Door was bugging me again today, raining like hell and kept closing on me every time I turned around, thanks guys. I will look into strut and in the meantime find a better wedge. I think that would be pretty slick if I can get the little gas spring to mount cleanly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom