Ambulance door fold down table (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. Am doing research on options for a fold down table that is fixed to the rear ambulance doors, but seeing options for 70 series only. Any ideas and pics that you can share for the 40 series? The table is meant for a quick coffee etc on the road. Thx

It's not on an ambulance door, but I run a FrontRunner table. I attached it to the back of my 4Plus bumper.

Drop Down Tailgate Table - by Front Runner

Like the idea but would have to mount to the left door. The space between the wheel well is around 40". The main section table minus the extension is 25". That would mean at least 5" would be blocking right side opening. Mounting to the right side door would open.

I was thinking more something like this (see pic that I photoshopped). Smaller than the frontrunner, but it will fit nicely in the recess on the inside of the door. What do you think?

image.png

Perhaps you can add a bracket to the fold-down table that will engage the floor pan to help hold the ambulance door open. Without door checks, the ambulance doors closing on you (repeatedly) when you are camping is very annoying.

Perhaps you can add a bracket to the fold-down table that will engage the floor pan to help hold the ambulance door open. Without door checks, the ambulance doors closing on you (repeatedly) when you are camping is very annoying.

Actually that is a very good point. Will give it a thought. I have a fridge on the left hand side of the cargo area, so need to access that as well. I was thinking of giving the table a small lip (5mm?) to make it stronger. Thin stainless steel cables will hold it up when it is open.

Given that I haven't seen any examples of this I will post pics of how it turned out in the end - it would be nice to give something back to the community at large ;)

@Trialsallday has a great setup with a fold down table and uses it for a grill with an attached propane tank. Sadly I don't have any pics..

My son made a table using a plastic cutting board and a piano hinge from the hardware store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom