Amber Fog Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I've just bought my 1st 100 series, LX470. Wanting to remove the OEM fog light bulb and put in an amber/yellow upgraded bulb. I've searched and searched and just not seeing something that definitely feels like it is what I want. Lame question, I know...but super grateful for anyone who has done this and can share which bulb you bought. This was uper easy to find for my FJ 🤷‍♂️

By amber, do you mean selective yellow? Or do you mean to adapt the fog light into an auxiliary turn signal?

I am unhappy with the output of the stock halogen fogs, so once I can justify the purchase I will be retrofitting these in with 3000K bulbs. I thought I remembered @Luke111 making a bracket but I don’t see it on his website now.

But if you are just looking to change the color then there is no need to go through all that, just stick some Kapton tape on the lens using the white bulb that you already have in there.

These color match perfectly for yellow fogs and parking lights:

Parking lights
Fog lights

EDIT: these are 3000K, which is the popular yellow color.

Last edited:
I am unhappy with the output of the stock halogen fogs, so once I can justify the purchase I will be retrofitting these in with 3000K bulbs. I thought I remembered @Luke111 making a bracket but I don’t see it on his website now.

But if you are just looking to change the color then there is no need to go through all that, just stick some Kapton tape on the lens using the white bulb that you already have in there.

So I found these on Amazon and the price is definitely worth the try:
Amazon product ASIN B084TX9FQL

I’ve had trouble finding good bulbs as well. Big problem seems that when I search for ‘amber’ I get yellow results. Not the same at all. Maybe this is something we just loose with the switch to LED. Now it’s only yellow fogs, red interiors, bright white/blueish exterior. Garish, harsh, and cheap in appearance even if they offer a bit more clarity. For me, I’m not sure it’s worth the ‘upgrade’. I go into the woods to escape all that. I’ll just continue to drive a little slower and carefully and take in the view. And in camp a can relax and turn off the lights a little earlier to save battery. I’m okay with that.

And I know I’m in the minority, just had to get that off my chest.

^ when searching look for 2300K color temperature. That will be you spot on to the classic amber color.

Please note that those SNGL fog LEDs won't fit behind the stock weather cover without shorting out the device on an electrical connector, no matter what you try to do. They do allow rotation once mounted to get the maximum amount of light to emit forward.

I ended up electrical tape "sealing" the weather cover and holding it on top of the fog light assembly with a zip tie to keep it as far away as possible from water.

05868139-6777-4F1B-9AB5-3353E8204480.jpeg

DE08654D-A06A-4311-BBFA-22A37017C2C2.jpeg

these are the amazon h3 LED switchback 6k - 3k in the oem fog housings. Plug and play no cutting or issues with the install. Didnt even have to remove the housing. Better than oem light output but not a HID level of lumens.

I'm running DEPO fogs with Sylvania 3000k fogs and they are super yellow. They contrast nicely to the HID headlights at 4300k.

Going to switch gears on you guys for a quick sec. I feel like I've got this issue solved, and a huge thanks for helping with that. You've all lived up to the cool community we have here, and I'm super new, so I appreciate you all.

My next question is the two little lights on the top portion of the tailgate. I've tried to search to find out what bulb that one is, because the two I have don't light up at all. Any luck knowing which bulb that is?

Here we go fellas. I like it! I think it will look much better when I upgrade the full light system

IMG_20200810_194554.jpg

IMG_20200810_200648.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom