Amazon Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

STAYCO 2-Row. Has anyone used this radiator it cost about 120.00.
I got a OEm from yota dealer and it was like 340. I for one would not go cheap with a radiator. but Im like that .

Check out the KOYO brand should be on Amazon. Very happy with mine.

It had a new one in it but the trans fittings do not fit. Truck was torn apart since 2009 And I got it a few months ago. Looks like to original trans fitting. Are the ones for the after marker radiator different size.

Not supposed to be a different size.

Mine tighten up and pop right off. Is there a adapter between the radiator and the fitting. I will pull it out this weekend so I can get a better look at it.

CSF is what I see recommended most often. Preferably an all metal one, if they're still available.
CSF2517 brass tanks and copper core. It isn’t cheap but it’s stout. CSF is also an oem supplier.

I got a OEm from yota dealer and it was like 340. I for one would not go cheap with a radiator. but Im like that .

I say it all the time but it's worth repeating. The OEM models have 200,000+ miles on them and 25+ years of reliability. Hard to beat that.

CSF2517 brass tanks and copper core. It isn’t cheap but it’s stout. CSF is also an oem supplier.
This one doesn't cool as good as a good 2 or 3 core aluminum/plastic. Also, I'm about 98% positive CSF never made them for Toyota factory.

This one doesn't cool as good as a good 2 or 3 core aluminum/plastic. Also, I'm about 98% positive CSF never made them for Toyota factory.
I didn’t say CSF made radiators for Toyota’s. Copper dissipates heat nearly twice as efficiently as aluminum. The copper construction makes them cost prohibitive, which is why auto makers went to aluminum.

I didn’t say CSF made radiators for Toyota’s. Copper dissipates heat nearly twice as efficiently as aluminum. The copper construction makes them cost prohibitive, which is why auto makers went to aluminum.
My bad. When you said "OEM supplier" I assumed you meant for our rigs. :doh:
Copper does dissipate heat better but in a radiator the copper amount is much less than that of the amount of aluminum, thus allowing the al. radiator to cool better. :deadhorse:

Go oem or go home. Get a Toyota oem radiator for your truck. Proven track record. Not the place to save money imho. Unless you have a 91 /92 truck oem is no longer available. I would never put a 100$ rad off of eBay in my 80 series. That's just me.

Go oem or go home. Get a Toyota oem radiator for your truck. Proven track record. Not the place to save money imho. Unless you have a 91 /92 truck oem is no longer available. I would never put a 100$ rad off of eBay in my 80 series. That's just me.

So...OEM is still available for 91 and 92? I did not know that. And OEM for those years was plastic tank wasn't it?

... Copper dissipates heat nearly twice as efficiently as aluminum.

True, but solder doesn't.

The copper construction makes them cost prohibitive, which is why auto makers went to aluminum.

Kinda, maybe part of it. Aluminum is also lighter, stronger, less susceptible to corrosion, allowing for designs that are significantly more efficient and less airflow restrictive, have more cooling capacity for the size. On average modern aluminum radiators last longer than brass, so maybe not all about a few bucks?:hillbilly:

True, but solder doesn't.

Kinda, maybe part of it. Aluminum is also lighter, stronger, less susceptible to corrosion, allowing for designs that are significantly more efficient and less airflow restrictive, have more cooling capacity for the size. On average modern aluminum radiators last longer than brass, so maybe not all about a few bucks?:hillbilly:
It took very little to snap the small nipple off my radiator with plastic tanks when I was torquing my crank bolt and the radiator was not old either. I have always had a low opinion of plastic radiators so after breaking that nipple I logged onto the net and found a brass/copper unit. It works and it ain’t plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom