Amateur Radio lessons anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
If anyone's interested I'm gonna try and beg a buddy to give a lesson on amateur (ham) radio geared towards passing the FCC tech test. If a few people are interested we may try to meet on weeknight or maybe early before our next cruise-in. I'll print out the study material. I passed it fairly easily about 1 year ago.

We may just need to provide some pizza or burgers for him. Let me know, I'm open to whenever, just think it'd be cool to get a few CSC'ers on the air. If you doubt it, just think that I can talk from the Mexican border all the way to near FLG on the same frequency with minimal power. Imagine whole Moab-area coverage during Cruise Moab, and even talk to folks in Oz while you're wheeling.

l8r,

RHINO said:
sounds good i'm in. often thought about getting a portable ham.
Howdy! Duh, like if we are already Piggy drivers, doesn't that automatically make us "Ham Operators"??

I was just informed there is an FCC test on 21 Nov. I'll try and set this up with my buddy. Let me know if it makes sense to do this before the cruise-in or some other week night? My office is in Old Town Scottsdale and I guess I could host a few folks here one night.

Sounds like a great idea, too bad I'm in Tucson. Looks like I'll be studying alone.

Ross

Postponement

Okay, we're going to try and do this after Thanksgiving the very end of Nov or early Dec weekday.

Going to hold it at the Scottsdale Civic Center Library. I will reply back with the exact date & time. This will allow a few more folks to join in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom