Am I overpaying? 2014 LX570 1 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The market may not even out much in the long run. The 200 (be it LC or LC) is the last naturally aspirated v8 land cruiser the United States will see for a long time.

Man seeing these threads makes me consider selling my 13 LX with 85k miles. Hopefully it’s still a sellers market when Rivian makes the long range available.

That seems pretty steep. By 5k at least. It’s crazy time with the used car market especially with LC/LX. Side note. I have a well kept ‘13 LC with 145k that I would let go for 35k.
When you say $5k over that relative to when? Current market or precovid market?

Man seeing these threads makes me consider selling my 13 LX with 85k miles. Hopefully it’s still a sellers market when Rivian makes the long range available.
I thought Rivian had a 400 mile battery available for $10k more.

Bought my 2010 with 91K miles last February for 31K.

FWIW, I just paid $26k for a 2010 LX570 with 150k miles in the Denver area. A little beat up, so probably not a good comparison, but seeing as the lexusezes are always cheaper than the toyotas around here, $40k seems a little high. But then, age and condition both sound much better than mine. I guess if you're happy, that's all that matters.

/useless post

I just bought a 2013, one owner, bought new and serviced it's whole life at the same dealer with 100k miles for $40k. It's also in dang near perfect shape. Window sticker from the dealer when new was just over $93k.

At the end of May, we purchased a 2014 LX 570 with ~63k miles, a perfect history of oil changes, awesome shape inside and out, and all work done at the dealer, one owner, for $43k. I thought we were overpaying but based on all the prices above, I feel a lot better.

We started looking in January at a variety of trucks and suvs and saw the prices keep going up and up and up. My wife said we better buy now before it got even crazier.

When I changed my oil a few weeks ago, I got a good look on the underside of the engine. Not a leak to be seen. Cleanest engine I have ever seen.

Ya now that I’ve done some research it seems I’m at the bottom of the retail market for the entire country which is f’&$@ crazy but wholesale definitely not the best deal in town. But time over money I can’t spend days on end looking for that wholesale deal to pop up in the ethos somewhere.

At the end of May, we purchased a 2014 LX 570 with ~63k miles, a perfect history of oil changes, awesome shape inside and out, and all work done at the dealer, one owner, for $43k. I thought we were overpaying but based on all the prices above, I feel a lot better.

We started looking in January at a variety of trucks and suvs and saw the prices keep going up and up and up. My wife said we better buy now before it got even crazier.

When I changed my oil a few weeks ago, I got a good look on the underside of the engine. Not a leak to be seen. Cleanest engine I have ever seen.
Ya that’s a good deal in this market. Seems at leak $5-7k under where it would be now if not more from a dealer.

I guess one other thing worth saying is that it’s definitely a sellers market for all cars, so if your selling out of one car to move into another it seems like that should theoretically level out the overpaying on the acquisition assuming your talking about vehicles of similar value and demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom