Am I overpaying? 2014 LX570 1 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a deposit on a 2014 lx570 in Colorado. Looks super clean and great history. 110k miles and it’s $40k.

I know in this market that’s a fair price, but is this a wild price when you average it across 3-5 years? Just don’t want to find out in 2023 that I’m in the hole $20k because the market retraced.

Also at 110k what you’re off expensive repairs can I expect in the near term?

I think that is a fair price depending on service history. I paid $33k for 2013 LX 570 with 126K miles 6 months ago. But, it had been all dealer serviced, including this one at 120K which is a big one.
Vehicle serviced - Maintenance inspection completed - 120,000 mile service performed - Maintenance reminder reset - Rear differential fluid flushed/changed - Drive belts checked - Differential fluid flushed/changed - Vehicle washed/detailed - Power steering fluid flushed/changed - Front differential fluid flushed/changed - Drive belt(s) replaced. Also, spark plugs.

If it comes from a winter state, just be careful of rust, esp. in the rear A/C lines. Expensive. Otherwise, even with an investment of $2,000 now for maint., it will easily go another 150K. For 40K and some change, could you find a new vehicle that had so much luxury and utility?

Used car market is crazy now. But I think you will have a hard time finding one cheaper. It will probably be a few years before it all evens out. Personally if I didn’t absolutely need a car no way I would buy one until this all levels out.

Used car market is crazy now. But I think you will have a hard time finding one cheaper. It will probably be a few years before it all evens out. Personally if I didn’t absolutely need a car no way I would buy one until this all levels out.
Agreed. The big problem is no inventory, and perhaps it worsens. Too much money chasing too few goods will lead to price hikes, but can you wait a few years? Most of us cannot.
When one of the largest automobile companies in the world says it's shutting down 40 % of its production--we've got problems.
Toyota cuts down production by 40%, shuts down factories due to chip shortage and surge in COVID-19 cases - https://www.emarketer.com/content/toyota-cuts-down-production-japan-north-america-by-40-shuts-down-factories-due-chip-shortage-surge-covid-cases

G.M. has tens of thousands of new vehicles waiting for chips. The downstream effects of these global shortages have yet to be fully felt. Personally, I want to have several vehicles at the ready in my garage. We are in uncharted territory in peace time.

I’ve got a deposit on a 2014 lx570 in Colorado. Looks super clean and great history. 110k miles and it’s $40k.

I know in this market that’s a fair price, but is this a wild price when you average it across 3-5 years? Just don’t want to find out in 2023 that I’m in the hole $20k because the market retraced.

Also at 110k what you’re off expensive repairs can I expect in the near term?
Unless you plan to sell in 2023 why does that matter? Is 5K really going to make a difference if you have the truck for 4-8 years? You could easily spend that on a cheaper truck that needs more work.

The market is insane, the price seems to be correct. I mean people were paying 10K over MSRP for Kia Tellurides. 10K over for a Kia........

Thank you everyone with all the replies. It’s giving me a lot more confidence that this is the market that’s here to stay, and if I can’t wait for some unknown future where things may/may not change then I’ve got an entry point that is what is it but not a bad deal because it’s a 200 at the end of the day that will run forever.

Agreed. The big problem is no inventory, and perhaps it worsens. Too much money chasing too few goods will lead to price hikes, but can you wait a few years? Most of us cannot.
When one of the largest automobile companies in the world says it's shutting down 40 % of its production--we've got problems.
Toyota cuts down production by 40%, shuts down factories due to chip shortage and surge in COVID-19 cases - https://www.emarketer.com/content/toyota-cuts-down-production-japan-north-america-by-40-shuts-down-factories-due-chip-shortage-surge-covid-cases

G.M. has tens of thousands of new vehicles waiting for chips. The downstream effects of these global shortages have yet to be fully felt. Personally, I want to have several vehicles at the ready in my garage. We are in uncharted territory in peace time.
I hate to sound like a dooms dayer but I would have to agree. Have you read the 4th turning yet?

I hate to sound like a dooms dayer but I would have to agree. Have you read the 4th turning yet?
I have not read it, but I have had some exposure. I come in contact with many middle-aged and older people each day. There is a lot of consternation and unsettled feelings out there about what is happening in the country and the world. The discussion would go beyond the scope of this thread, but unease is one reason that I have very capable vehicles and a Prius Prime in case fuel is scarce. Of course, a few other essential items to go in the vehicle. My father told me many years ago, "son, it's very easy to move up in life, but it's awfully difficult to come down." I think that phrase could be applied to nations as well.

If you like the truck and are planning to retain for a couple years, should be fine. You won’t miss the difference to some theoretical cheaper truck. If you’re worried about short term, we’ll no one knows.

You’ll probably soon need to replace the radiator. And while your in there the belts, hoses, water pump, thermostat, etc. and if you off-road, consider the starter.
And also the dreaded AHC service(s). May include globes replacement etc.; all of which can cost quite a bit at dealers or independent shops if he does not do it himself.

And also the dreaded AHC service(s). May include globes replacement etc.; all of which can cost quite a bit at dealers or independent shops if he does not do it himself.
What all needs done to AHC at this mileage? Also globes start going this early? My 100 doesn’t need it yet and I’m at 235k.

You’ll probably soon need to replace the radiator. And while your in there the belts, hoses, water pump, thermostat, etc. and if you off-road, consider the starter.
How much time does the radiator take to put in and what does the radiator run?

What all needs done to AHC at this mileage? Also globes start going this early? My 100 doesn’t need it yet and I’m at 235k.
Check the manual. They may just need to be flushed and filled. Your 100 does not have globes. Check out this recent thread for the experience that this member had with his suspension and finally settled on replacing the accumulators.

Help Me Fix My 2013 LX Loose Front End Part 6 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/help-me-fix-my-2013-lx-loose-front-end-part-6.1261002/

And if you can see this link from Club Lexus about suggestions

I just bought a 2013 in Lakewood w/ 95k. If the market falls out from under us, I’ll buy you beer and can cry together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom