1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I missing something?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by BigSur, Mar 17, 2004.

1. BigSur

BigSur

OK, i have done everything by the book. I recently got a new Clutch master and after i installed it i bleed my system. She seemed to be in good shape. About 10 days after the installation i noticed the clutch started to get sloppy when i pressed it in. Now if i give a couple of pumps before it engages then i get pressure. So it would seem like i have some trapped air in there. So i go and bleed again. She is good for the first minute after the bleed then she goes back to sloppy. I can press the cltuch pedal in a good couple of inches before she engages. ANd before you ask about the slave...i have a new one of those as well and i got that a good month before i got my master. Am i missing something while i am bleeding it? I don't think i am doing it wrong at all. Put a piece of hose at the end of the bleed valve and i can see the bubbles go through the tube and i can hear the clutch being sucked in.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Do i need to leave the filler cap on or off while i bleed? I am at a lost and not only is it frustrating me...but pissing off the wife cause i am making her pump my clutch when she would rather be inside watching TV.

Please help.

2. DieselROCKS

DieselROCKS

I'm not sure if this will mean anything where you are right now, but I always fill those things up with fluid first just to get all the air bubbles out

3. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

You can have the cap off. As you bleed it you need to make sure you don't run dry. How do you know you bleed all the air out? Are you running enough fluid through when you are bleeding tmake sure all the fluid between the Clutch Master to the Bleed nipple is replaced with new? You will have to keep filling it. You should open the Bleed nipple and tell your wife to press and hold, tighten the bleed niplle and tell her to release. You need to keep doing this until it is flushed from before. If you are already doing this, I have reached the limit of my knowledge. This is how I was shown.

Good Luck!

ken

4. Jukelemon

Jukelemon

A system that is air free will not have bubbles going through the hose i.e. you would need to pump until you no longer see bubbles in your jar (or whatever you are using) at the end of your bleeding hose. Like above, make sure your reservoir stays at 50% or more throughout this process. Take the cap off and look every couple of pumps.

5. burnt03

burnt03

For future reference, where is the clutch bleed nipple on a 2F/4spd?

6. BigSur

BigSur

[quote author=burnt03 link=board=1;threadid=13313;start=msg123170#msg123170 date=1079622150]
    For future reference, where is the clutch bleed nipple on a 2F/4spd?
    [/quote]

Check your clutch slave cylinder.

7. 72cruiser

72cruiser

sup bro

i'll be doin the same in a couple days, so good luck, that way you can help me. :D

malphrus