Am I crazy to buy a 2020 Landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If my existing 200 wasn't going so strong at 100K and Amazon Green was an option, I would be calling Eric Sargent to buy a 2020 (non-heritage). I don't have any doubt that future land cruisers will be great too, but the 200 checks all of my boxes. At my age, it would probably be the last vehicle I'd buy for the remainder of my life (unless a miracle happens and could somehow afford a 2011 911 GT3 RS 4.0 :) ).

People pay $150k for an unreliable Range Rover with all it’s wizardry. $80k today is unfortunately pretty normal for a highly equipped suv. I prefer to buy a slightly used LC but I appreciate those that buy new so we can buy a used LC otherwise they wouldn’t exist.

Just applied a fresh coat of Car Pro sealant...fluid film applied to the undercarriage a few weeks ago. Bring on the salt!

FF4C522A-7085-41BC-A230-7194A35FF503.jpeg

I bought a used 2016 a year ago and it was the best $60k I have ever spent. My recommendation is if money is not a big deal then get a new one, if it is, then get a used one ;). Bottomline it seems like they wont be bringing them to the US pretty soon so you will have a very unique vehicle in your hands that is timeless and limited... enjoy, You wont regret it.

Thank you very much this info is really helpful! I am probably going to do it this Saturday morning. I couldn't agree more about Mercedes I recently had one and wished I could drive it off a cliff. The endless beeps, annoyances, voice recognition and endless features no one wants. I am nervous due to the expense and the mpg is bad but its really the same as other luxury vehicles that use premium. Sadly I drive a lot but that's part of the reason for this to enjoy a great ride with the features I really like which this has all of them.

You’re going to bust out 80 large for a new LC and are nervous about the MPG? Lol that’s good stuff right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom