Am I an idiot for selling my 100 for a new defender? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1994, when I purchased my first Land Cruiser, I was cross shopping a Defender 90. That model Defender was a simple “LEGO” type military vehicle that seemed to make sense to me. The same vintage Land Cruiser was a basic work truck, that somebody slapped in leather seats, and called it a “luxury SUV”. I bought the 1994 LC, have been “hooked” ever since, and tend to keep my vehicles for a decade or more.

Maybe it’s my experience with old British sports cars and motorcycles with Lucas electrics, or being stuck on older Toyotas, but I don’t think that I’d want to own a modern Defender outside of its warranty period.

Last edited:
I don't have a new Defender but I have 1997 D90 and a 1976 Bronco Completely different vehicles. The benefit of an LC, is that you can drive it long distances, safely and reliably.

My issue with the new Defender is that you really need to get all of the exterior accessories (rack, rails, etc) to make it look decent. A 100 or 200 LC looks great stock.

Our local Pull-A-Part junk yard usually has several Range Rovers, mostly Discovery's, but never a Land Cruiser or an LX470.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom