Am I a TOOL? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to stay as stock as possible! Have built and installed a Orion case, am keeping the 2f anf the only option I see for a trans is an H41. I understand a 350 is more HP, but I want to stay Toyota...this being said I am also going with saginaw and an SOA. Am I over thinking, or will I be good with this set up?

Also, my lights are a-holes!

for someone who wants to stay stock you sure are changing alot
x2

I am trying to stay as stock as possible! Have built and installed a Orion case, am keeping the 2f anf the only option I see for a trans is an H41. I understand a 350 is more HP, but I want to stay Toyota...this being said I am also going with saginaw and an SOA. Am I over thinking, or will I be good with this set up?

Also, my lights are a-holes!

if you want to stay "stock" then you need a toyota p/s and i guess you can argue SOA is more stock than replacing the springs but you greatly modify the TOYOTA suspension.
and you CAN get a h55f and get a very low crawl the h41 is by no means your only option hell theres the 3spd auto out of 62 and 80s + all those super cool rigs not offered in the states all have "toyota" parts you can use to build a "toyota" 40

but writing all this makes me ask... isnt "staying stock" a completly different argument than "keeping it toyota" what really are you going for??

I know what you mean! stay Toyota and power steering is good for your up grade, I want to do the same as well but won't be stock too long man! chevy 350 engine would be nice but cost will kill you!

good luck cruiser man!

you CAN get a h55f and get a very low crawl the h41 is by no means your only option hell theres the 3spd auto out of 62 and 80s + all those super cool rigs not offered in the states all have "toyota" parts you can use to build a "toyota" 40

The A440F auto transmission out of a FJ62 and FJ80 are four speed overdrive transmissions. Just like the H55F five speed the rear drive line starts to get real short behind any F engine in the FJ40 wheel length. I plan to put a A440F in one of my cruisers but it's a FJ45LPB so the length wouldn't be a problem.:cheers:

Another thing if he already has a Orion transfer case it's not just going to bolt up to a A440F or H55F.

Saginaw PS is a good idea if you are going to 35s(or larger) and doing any sort of wheeling.

x2

if you want to stay "stock" then you need a toyota p/s and i guess you can argue SOA is more stock than replacing the springs but you greatly modify the TOYOTA suspension.
and you CAN get a h55f and get a very low crawl the h41 is by no means your only option **** theres the 3spd auto out of 62 and 80s + all those super cool rigs not offered in the states all have "toyota" parts you can use to build a "toyota" 40

but writing all this makes me ask... isnt "staying stock" a completly different argument than "keeping it toyota" what really are you going for??

Keeping it Toyota would have been the proper term. So that answers the thread title! Looking through the classsifieds it seems that a lot of people are going with GM parts. I know of a 40 in Utah that has no running gear, no rust and Chevy axles. I dont know how it is configured, but it was offered to me free. About a 2 hour drive.

With all the parts I will have from a donor vehicle and this one I am going to pick up I am considering building 2. One stockish and one keeping it toyota.

If you can't keep it stock, keep it Toyota. If you can't do either of these, go buy a jeep.

stock/toyota/highly modified i think just having a loose starting point of a cruiser makes it different from a jeep.
if you replace everypart on a car is it the same car? my .02 the idea of that vehicle is still there, even if none of the parts are.

so no i dont think you are a tool

(you are only a tool when you listen to other peoples ideas and value what they think over how you feel about it) my cruiser will always be a cruiser no matter what i do/change/replace
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom