Aluminum Radiator vs. Stock Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Are the Aluminum radiators better than stock? Just wanted your thoughts on the issue. Thanks, SuperDuperCruiser

If you have a V8 yes they are the ticket, I have a Be Cool in mine love it temps at BHCC in 102 degree weather stayed around the 195 thermostat I have in it.
Butch

Aluminum will dissapate heat better/faster than conventional. But unless your running something very robust, it may not be worth the effort/expense. Simply resizing, going to a cross flow, and/or adding a baffle, going to a 4 core should be plenty good enough for any motor you can fit into a cruizer.

I have a sbc in my 40 and could not cool it w/ a 4 core fj radiator. Bought a Jegs 19x26" aluminum unit, no more problems, actually runs too cool and need to change my thermostat and only $200.
Summer temps here in Maryland get in the 90 degree range and the 4 core would climb to 220, the aluminum has never hit 190.

I have a sbc in my 40 and could not cool it w/ a 4 core fj radiator. Bought a Jegs 19x26" aluminum unit, no more problems, actually runs too cool and need to change my thermostat and only $200.
Summer temps here in Maryland get in the 90 degree range and the 4 core would climb to 220, the aluminum has never hit 190.

19x31? How did you fit that in there? Can I see some pics? I am trying to get some ideas on fitting somthing bigger than the stock rad in my 69. It has a 383 and runs too hot (about 220 when it's 100 outside) with the stock rad tanks + 4 row core.

so the folks that have a 350, what do you use for a temp gauge? stock, or is it a good idea to get another one to make sure what the temps are.
I am still learning what I have. and the PO said he has no problems with heat, but my question is how do you know if your only using the stock gauge.

assuming the kits are not to bad to install

I got one of the aluminum 40 radiators from Ebay for around $200 shipped. It was a bit thicker than stock and took a bit of clearancing in the radiator support, but the truck doesn't get over 185* with a 4.3 vortec. It ran about 200*ish with the stock radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom