Aluminum fabrication help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Paging @2fpower and/or any other aluminum fabrication wizards. I'm installing my rear bumper on the 200 and will have a swingout that I will attach a Roam box too. The Dissent accessory tray isn't wide enough for the box I have, so I need to make a tray. It would look something like this:

1643726367275.png

I can get the material but I do not have the fab skills or tools. I was originally thinking 1/8" thick aluminum sheet. I think I could do the milling of slots and holes with my router but I do not have a brake to make the bends and I am wondering how hard that would be with 1/8" material. 1/8" is probably unnecessary over kill (I'm am pre-wired to be attracted to overkill) so maybe 12 gauge?

Anyone have a a brake or some other method to make the bends? Or recommend a fad shop that could do it?

Paging @2fpower and/or any other aluminum fabrication wizards. I'm installing my rear bumper on the 200 and will have a swingout that I will attach a Roam box too. The Dissent accessory tray isn't wide enough for the box I have, so I need to make a tray. It would look something like this:

View attachment 2911041

I can get the material but I do not have the fab skills or tools. I was originally thinking 1/8" thick aluminum sheet. I think I could do the milling of slots and holes with my router but I do not have a brake to make the bends and I am wondering how hard that would be with 1/8" material. 1/8" is probably unnecessary over kill (I'm am pre-wired to be attracted to overkill) so maybe 12 gauge?

Anyone have a a brake or some other method to make the bends? Or recommend a fad shop that could do it?
That is a @kc_chevota job.

He is making some aluminum parts for me right now.....

He has mad welding skillz and a nice finger brake that someone helped him source and is still a little jealous about.....

That is a @kc_chevota job.

He is making some aluminum parts for me right now.....

He has mad welding skillz and a nice finger brake that someone helped him source and is still a little jealous about.....
Thanks. I've been watching Youtube videos on annealing and bending aluminum plate. Heat seems to be the key. That and a 24" wide brake. I'll reach out to Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom