Alu-Cab Shadow Awning mounted on 100 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have one of these mounted on a 100 series? If so, how high does the awning need to be mounted in order to clear the rear hatch when opening?

Any pictures would also be appreciated. My Dissent rack is looking very lonely with nothing mounted to it!

Alu-Cab Shadow Awn

I have one on the way. Passenger side so it is a little delayed but hopefully by middle of December.

Already talked to @benc and unless he has already gotten his hands on one, I will loan it to him over a weekend or so when I am up visiting family. Hopefully that will allow him to make a kickass bracket for his rack. That guy does beautiful work!

Tom

There was a guy at HiH who had one.

@cboyd has one.

I've had one for two years now but it's been sitting on the shop floor collecting dust so won't do you much good!

@nakman made a set of brackets so that I can fit it into my gamiviti rack so hopefully we will finally get to use it next season!

I have one on the way. Passenger side so it is a little delayed but hopefully by middle of December.

Already talked to @benc and unless he has already gotten his hands on one, I will loan it to him over a weekend or so when I am up visiting family. Hopefully that will allow him to make a kickass bracket for his rack. That guy does beautiful work!

Tom

Nice! I’m hoping to jump on the Black Friday Alu-Cab deal this weekend.

Last edited:
Placed my order for the Shadow Awning. Looking forward to see what @benc comes up with for a mounting solution.

Passenger. Figured less wind noise next to my ear while driving + easier to deploy off the right side when curb parking etc..

Does anyone have one of these mounted on a 100 series? If so, how high does the awning need to be mounted in order to clear the rear hatch when opening?

Any pictures would also be appreciated. My Dissent rack is looking very lonely with nothing mounted to it!

Alu-Cab Shadow Awn

I have one mounted to my Front Runner Slimline II on the driver side, I love it. It balances out my car with the snorkel on the opposite side, no noise while driving too! I just recieved the new Alu cab black bag casing & I’m going to install that this week.

This is my first posting on ih8mud haha

1FF4E69C-37E7-4782-9827-34F3FD896085.jpeg

How much was the black bag? Let us know how the install goes.

It was $144.90 from OK4WD.com out the door, I don’t believe it’s on their website yet but I called them and took payment over the phone. Will do, I’ll post pictures as soon as I’m done ✅

My shadow awning arrived today. This thing is a beast! Hopefully @benc can come up with a mount that keeps it as low has possible or even adjustable on height so it doesn’t extend far beyond the rack roofline. I want to be able to fit in my garage!

You can only go so low if you still want to be able to open the rear hatch. I doubt @cboyd will mind me sharing his photos here.

Cboyd - Shadow awning.jpg

Cboyd - Shadow awning deployed.jpeg

Much better! Any dramas putting it on?

@benc, any update on Alu-cab awning mounts? I’m itching to mount my new awning...

I have the awning in my shop now with a pretty good idea on what I need to do for the mounts.
Nothing mounted yet though.

It’s a beast of an awning! Looking forward to what you come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom