Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Head-scratcher, tech question. My 72 was totally disassembled when I got it. It came with a rebuilt 2F engine, engine / transmission which I’ve installed. From what I can see, the alternator bolted on the lower left side on the 1F engine, but on the 2F I don’t see any bolt provisions and the 1F bracket doesn’t fit. Anyone have a pictures of the alternator mounted on a 2F or a solution? I also need one of the bolts that secure the bell housing to transmission. I think is got a 19mm head size. Anyone know where I can buy one? Lastly, fuel tank is out and I am cleaning / sealing it. Trying to get it running by end of the month.

Head-scratcher, tech question. My 72 was totally disassembled when I got it. It came with a rebuilt 2F engine, engine / transmission which I’ve installed. From what I can see, the alternator bolted on the lower left side on the 1F engine, but on the 2F I don’t see any bolt provisions and the 1F bracket doesn’t fit. Anyone have a pictures of the alternator mounted on a 2F or a solution? I also need one of the bolts that secure the bell housing to transmission. I think is got a 19mm head size. Anyone know where I can buy one? Lastly, fuel tank is out and I am cleaning / sealing it. Trying to get it running by end of the month.

so ..........

what do you want here in the end here exactly ?

- a F1.5 drivers side lower Routing location

or

- a 2F passenger side upper location .

this is a important decision , to make now as the units are very different configurations mounting wise ?

download (16).jpg

2F bracket  5.jpg

A5E6C1E9-F7E2-432A-8888-D600F49C3893.jpeg
795EA3C2-B19C-4B67-9BD3-E79AAA031AA2.jpeg
C8832C69-2A9E-4753-AC47-0BD725912E7B.jpeg

Plenty of 2Fs with the alternator on the lower left side. It was the US market with an air pump reason for the change. This is a 11/83 build 2F.
P1060954 (1).JPG

The original generator was mounted there. The alternator after that. The air pump was originally on the upper right and switched locations with the alternator on the 2F in the US market. I know the power steering pump would go on the upper on the engine pictured above. The air conditioning compressor was on the lower right on both. Would not be possible to run an alternator, air pump, power steering pump and air conditioning compressor with the air cleaner above.

Plenty of 2Fs with the alternator on the lower left side. It was the US market with an air pump reason for the change. This is a 11/83 build 2F.
View attachment 3074035
The original generator was mounted there. The alternator after that. The air pump was originally on the upper right and switched locations with the alternator on the 2F in the US market. I know the power steering pump would go on the upper on the engine pictured above. The air conditioning compressor was on the lower right on both. Would not be possible to run an alternator, air pump, power steering pump and air conditioning compressor with the air cleaner above.
Thanks for help and photos.

I have a 1981 BJ42, sold originally in Italy. I've just installed an HF55 transmission and am about to install a tachometer from SpeedHut. But how to connect the tachometer to the alternator? Can anyone help me here? There are three possible connecting points on the back of the alternator. Which one of these should I use for the tach? Many thanks. (for PM use <donholsinger@gmail.com>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom