Alternator with vac pump oil lip seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, is anyones even attempt to change the lip seal on the back of an alternator with the vac pump?
Hard to get a good pic without removing it.

It does not show up on epc, seem to be part of the rear casing...
86Bj75 24v
Thanks

20210224_095807.jpg

So...I try to get closer to the lip seal. Have a spare HJ60 24v alt. to practice .
Removed the felt seal first.
On this particular unit, the seal is NOK AE0687H
Is it easy to get seal like that in the aftermarket? ID,OD,thickness, seem to be double lip style.
When I got my alt back from the shop (for checking), he said there was oil inside (I swap the rotor a couple weeks before with an internal instead of external). That's why I'm looking at it.
Thanks

20210226_100243.jpg

20210226_100222.jpg

I couldn't find a NOK AE0687H, A replacement part no: 10643-6-4 with inscription 16-30-7. These seal, felt and lip seal doesn't have a Toyoto part number since they belong to the back of the alternator which seem to be NLA.
shaft dia 16mm, seal ext. dia. 30mm seal thickness 7mm.
Original NOK is a 3 lip type! one lip to keep oil on one side and one wiper on each side! The new generic does have 2 lip, oil and wiper for dust on external side.

On the 3B alternator, there is an oil galerie behind the seal and goes outside of the alternator in case the seal fail, oil will weep on the back of alternator, under the vac pump.
On the 2H (the one that I have, the gallerie is absent weird).

new_seal_alternator.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom