Alternator wiring harness replacement. Identifying wires. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1994 fzj80. Old harness crumbled. Need help identifying which wire is which.
8821FD41-381A-4A26-9684-2A006754146F.jpeg

Post #24 might give you he info you require. (Assuming 94 wiring is the similar to later cruisers.)

1994 fzj80. Old harness crumbled. Need help identifying which wire is which.
The 1994 Toyota EWD is available in the resources section. Free to download.

Thanks guys, i checked the post, and the wiring diagrams, but its not helping my situation

Post #24 might give you he info you require. (Assuming 94 wiring is the similar to later cruisers.)
actually... i can figure it out based on this post.. thank you

Thanks guys, i checked the post, and the wiring diagrams, but its not helping my situation
When you make statements like that it makes me bang my head on the desk. The EWD clearly shows the 3 pin connector and associated wire colors. Page 52 in the CHARGING section. The next page (53) shows the connector and pin assignments.

When you make statements like that it makes me bang my head on the desk. The EWD clearly shows the 3 pin connector and associated wire colors. Page 52 in the CHARGING section. The next page (53) shows the connector and pin assignments.
The pigtail on my wiring harness had a Black wire with white dots, Black with green stripe, and yellow. yellow was (IG) , black with green stripe (L), Black with white Dot (S) I ended up getting a battery to reinstall so i could identify the wires with a multimeter

Sorry if you hurt your head when banging it on the desk, but the colors in the diagram didnt match my harness.

I'm about to do the same thing tonight. Mine crumbled in my hands as well before I could snap a pic. Thanks for this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom