Alternator or Starter problems.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
go see Dave at Dave's Armature:

Dave's Armature Service
3898 Jackson Ave
Memphis, TN 38128
901-372-0620

Driving in from AR on friday my alternator went out- none of the usual suspects had one in stock. toyota referred me to these guys so i stopped by on saturday morning, they put it on the tester and confirmed it was bad and he said the brushes were shot. i told him there wasn't a replacement in town and i was stuck.

Dave told me to go down the street and eat some breakfast and he'd call me when it was ready- He called about an hour later telling me to come pick it up, unbelievable service. It worked out great, i got to keep my core which has better magnets and heavier gauge wire than the new ones and he installed heavy duty brushes which he jokingly said would be good for another 25 years.. all for $50.

I highly recommend these guys- they have also started making their own winches and Dave said he'd send me some info about the different models when he had it- I'll pass it along when he does.

I can't make it- I'll be on the river the 13th & 14th. plus, my rig isn't set up for the good trails.. it's still all original with 30 x 9.5 wheels..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom