Alternator not turning on? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Seeinag a similar problem on my 80.
I did, sorry I thought I got back in here and updated the thread:

20221022_175030.jpg

This was an aftermarket wiring kit I purchased some time ago. The wires are very high quality, as are the connectors and heat shrink. I had no reason to suspect it, and only found the issue when I started testing power flow from the alt terminal all the way through the system. Turns out the lugs were never crimped or soldered onto the wires, just heat-shrinked on there. The fix ended up being to undo all the heat shrink on the lugs and solder them all on then re-heat shrink them.

I did, sorry I thought I got back in here and updated the thread:

View attachment 3283589

This was an aftermarket wiring kit I purchased some time ago. The wires are very high quality, as are the connectors and heat shrink. I had no reason to suspect it, and only found the issue when I started testing power flow from the alt terminal all the way through the system. Turns out the lugs were never crimped or soldered onto the wires, just heat-shrinked on there. The fix ended up being to undo all the heat shrink on the lugs and solder them all on then re-heat shrink them.
Do you mind sharing with us whose wiring kit that is?

Do you mind sharing with us whose wiring kit that is?
I searched through my messages history and couldnt find anything. The vendor was on this forum, thats how I found him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom