Alternator Issue/Debate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like you've got Fleetwood Mac in your kick panel.

If the key is on but not cranking does the clicking sound go away? If it only happens with the key held in an inbetween position I'm not sure if its actually indicating anything other than maybe the inbetween key position is causing intermittent power.

Can't tell direction from the Vid -- There are a couple of relays under that kick that could be making noise when cycled. The Charge light relay and the Carb Cooling fan timer relay. You need to take off the panel and identify where the knocking is coming from.

Again, couldn't really tell, but sounded vaguely like the blower cage being off-kilter and hitting something... Is your blower on ?

@Seth S that's exactly when the noise comes on, when the key is turned, but not cranking the engine. Turned to the first position so that Fan, Radio etc. work.

@Spike Strip you're right (and about Fleedwood Mac! 😂) , that's exactly where the noise is coming from, the panel where the relays are (so I'm told). Not the blower ( i disconnected the blower because it was staying unecessarily on for far too long after turning the engine off even on cold days).

My previous mechanic did think that I needed a new Charge Light Relay so I've gone ahead and ordered it from Cruiser Parts and will take the panel off and record before replacing it to be absolutely sure. Standby.

Thank you all again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom