Alternator in my 1978 FJ40 ISN'T the factory original - need help finding replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, I just pulled the alternator out, here is what the bracket looks like

5C328A20-D619-44B9-A1D0-088C9ADEF133.jpeg
8ECD7225-F9D5-4F51-9482-E21DF180EA84.jpeg

Ok - I have checked my alternator against the specs for a Delco CS-130 part # 334-2442A ... Thanks SpotCrusier !!! I will update you when the part shows up and hopefully fits. Everyone , I am new to this forum and I can’t thank all of you enough ... what an amazing resource

Original bracket.

Keep us posted, I would thing that new alternator in your first post (the tabs on it) wouldn't fit "inside" but one tab aft and the other in between, so that the upper support/tension bracket would line up with what you have. This way, you could run the "stock" alternator, wiring, etc... I hope that makes sense?

Keep up the good work man.

the aftermarket alt fits in the center between the lugs on the mount, the oe alt mounts outside the lugs.
sometimes the brass bushing needs a little adjustment to fit, tapping with a small hammer normally is enough.

Everyone - can’t thank you enough for the advice. Alternator has been replaced... this Forum is a life saver!

I mentioned I8MUD on my You Tube post:

www. youtu.be/K3QLFwxm9kM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom