alternator again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone purchased an alternator from CCOT? i just bought one, they sent me an alternator in a casting iron that didnt fit, they sent me a new one that fits and im supposed to send back my old one. however i go to install it today and the back plug is on the opposite side which means eveyrthing else is reverse. i say w/e and go to install slip on my bottom brackets go to see if the top fits and it doesnt. the top hole and the slide arm bar thing dont line up. why? because theres a scren that connects the two cast iron peice together and then there is a little \__/ where the screw goes into thats preventing me from pulling the slide arm down to where it needs to be. its a left hand drive cruiser and its the right alternator but everything is backwards? did i order the wrong part or did they send the wrong part? i have a 70 fj40 and i ordered the 68-74 alternator with external regulator. if you need a picture to comprehend what im saying ask and ill post one up asap

basically what im trying to ask is if alternators come left handed or right handed? as in the plug on opposite sides.

On the F engine the alt is on the drivers side. On the 2F it is passenger side. I had my alt rebuilt. Got a brand new Toyota one which did not fit and than got a used one that did not work so had the casing of the old one swapped out with the brand new toyota one and had one rebuilt. Two new alt for less than 100 bucks. I suggest trying to find a used one and be done with it.

http://www.cruiserparts.net/parts/fj40.htm

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom