Alternatives to the OEM Cylinder Block Insulator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The cylinder block insulator that sits behind the fuel pump on my 1HD-FT (12581-17010) has disintegrated. Amayama wants $100 for it with shipping. I know its not a huge amount, but still annoying for what appears to be a piece of thick foam.

Are there any alternatives?

The cylinder block insulator that sits behind the fuel pump on my 1HD-FT (12581-17010) has disintegrated. Amayama wants $100 for it with shipping. I know its not a huge amount, but still annoying for what appears to be a piece of thick foam.

sure ,

you order one from me .......... :)

Last edited:

Is it actually available?

Partsouq shows no result with that part number.

Personally, I wouldn't bother replacing it

Get out of my head lol

Unless you are in Canada, you are probably not cheaper than amayama … but possible

i don't deal in anything " CHEAP " ..........:rolleyes:

only OEM Toyota Genuine Parts here 100%

- i specialize in finding UNICORN's ...fyi

- as far as the $ topic ? , this is TECH Section , Please keep it that way , Thanks .

- Please shoot me a PM message to discuss further

thanks matt

unicorn - Copy1.jpg

@96TrailSurfer Can you post up a photo of what you have?

The part marked in green appears to be the insulator:

1HD-FT cylinder insulator.JPG

It was available a few years back. I bought one for the 1HZ, and the one under the intake crossover pipe, when I did a major overhaul a few years back. The cost felt less of a big deal when I was already up for a new head. I figured the crossover insulation might help keep the air a little cooler, helping it to run a little better. Wasn't certain if the same logic applied to the fuel running through the injector pump, but either way I figured Toyota engineers knew what they were doing and it was there for a reason.

Get out of my head lol

Unless you are in Canada, you are probably not cheaper than amayama … but possible
I'm in Canada too and have used Amayama and others. However the best price and service is from Japan 4x4. stedman@japan4x4.com
Dave is a Canadian fellow living in Japan operating an import/export operation. After conversion most parts are way less expensive than North America and many as low as 10 cents on the dollar. Drop him a line and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

It would be interesting if someone had an actual photo or three they could post up of this part.

I'm wondering if it can't be rebuilt/remanufactured ie: is it 100% foam rubber, rubber and steel core, or ??

It would be interesting if someone had an actual photo or three they could post up of this part.

I'm wondering if it can't be rebuilt/remanufactured ie: is it 100% foam rubber, rubber and steel core, or ??

their just foam rubber with no internal core for structure. i would guess that its there more for sound deadening then insulation, usually if theres a need for heat insulation toyota uses a metal shield

100% foam, for sound deadening.
On later models, Toyota stuffed blocks of foam in a few places to dampen noise.
As well as this chunk, my 105 series had foam between the engine sump, and the clutch dust cover plate, and had several plastic splash guards with foam padding on the top surface under the engine and trans/transfer case

Still waiting for a photo of this foam. Soft foam, hard foam, open/closed cell foam, ----??

Interested to see how a section of ? type of foam would (significantly) dampen NVH from a diesel engine.

Still waiting for a photo of this foam. Soft foam, hard foam, open/closed cell foam, ----??

Interested to see how a section of ? type of foam would (significantly) dampen NVH from a diesel engine.
Hard, moulded open cell from memory.

These were thoroughly oil soaked on my 105.
Better ways to inhibit noise transfer into the cab IMO. I think these would have made a small incrimental difference at best.

A couple of little foam blocks on a diesel is like pissin on a bushfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom