Alternatives for chrome rocker trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to the chrome rocker trim ("snake blinders") on an FJ60 (1985)? I bought it earlier this year and have gradually done minor improvements and have everything pretty much as I want it now, but the chrome trim pieces are missing so there are just the little holes with plastic pieces exposed. There really isn't much chrome on it as the previous owner replaced the side mirrors with black ones. I think the center caps on the wheels and the window trim is all the chrome. I don't think it really needs the chrome accent, and those pieces seem to be hard to come by. So I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for another piece or pieces just to cover up the holes and make it look a little more finished. Thank you.

16046002385404392774978712543214.jpg

Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to the chrome rocker trim ("snake blinders") on an FJ60 (1985)? I bought it earlier this year and have gradually done minor improvements and have everything pretty much as I want it now, but the chrome trim pieces are missing so there are just the little holes with plastic pieces exposed. There really isn't much chrome on it as the previous owner replaced the side mirrors with black ones. I think the center caps on the wheels and the window trim is all the chrome. I don't think it really needs the chrome accent, and those pieces seem to be hard to come by. So I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for another piece or pieces just to cover up the holes and make it look a little more finished. Thank you.

A lot of people eliminate those strips, if you really want them for originality’s sake, post an ad in the Classifieds here.

You could plug the holes with rubber body plugs, or often they get welded closed, smoothed and painted over (best option IMO). They serve absolutely no purpose and are moisture inlets to the rockers (that’s a bad thing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom