Alternative uses for Toyota Jack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, thought I would start new thread..pics are best sometime. I was working on my lake shack today, keeping the queen happy, and we needed to tie in our walls to the sill plate. The walls are not straight. If we did not have thousands in new windows I would have beat on walls from outside to straighten. Well we had to 'engineer' it. Tied in a 2x4 screwed in eye bolt and started pulling with a come along strap. It worked, but we needed to take some weight off the wall. Used a doubled 2x4 to temporary header in ceiling and lifted the wall, after that ...Well the pics explain the rest:

20181201_132345.jpg
20181201_132334.jpg

Thank you Mr Toyota for my 2 ton hydraulic jack.

I know we can use the jack to help remove our oil pan when it's time to replace the oil pan gasket. Anyone have some good stories and pics to add?

Well done.

I used mine to spread the frame rails in a dodge 2500 to drop a transfer case crossmember. I love those jacks. They're light enough to not be unwieldy but still usefully strong.

You can build them into a homemade press too. I haven’t but I’ve watched a few diy videos on it.

I was looking at my used u bolts pondering welding two together trimmed short w/ a short 2” of pipe to fit over the seat of the jack to use as an adapter. There’s a guy who makes them but I like the idea of something that will cradle the axle better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom