Alternative Meeting Locations for an upcoming monthly meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
As discussed at the February Meeting, we'd like to experiment with moving the meeting location to a more Northern or Western location. Tempe isn't convenient for all club members.

NOTE: This would not be a permanent change. This would be for one meeting.

The month for this location change is still to be determined.

Post up ideas for meeting spots that might be more convenient in one of these areas. We can set up a poll to vote on the location.

If you've never made it to a meeting because you didn't want to drive to Tempe, here's your chance!

Last edited:
To be clear, this isn't a permanent change, just a couple in different places to include more members!

Living In Casa Grande, makes me central to the state and convenient to nowhere. We will travel to wherever the meetings are. I do like the idea of having them somewhere that dinner/firewater can be served and consumed. Meetings should be outside, but gathering afterwards can happen as well. I would like to float the idea of a 1 time meeting in Casa Grande to try and get the Tucson contingent to meet halfway potentially.

My thoughts would be to alternate the meetings at the regular location and then other locations to suit the members home areas. Just a thought.

This is to help determining members distribution.

You will need to sign in to your Google account.

Click on 2016 CSC Members Map
  • Add marker of your major cross streets
  • Label it with your ih8mud user name

Be careful not to delete other member's marker.

If you don't have a Google account and don't plan to apply for one, please PM me your cross streets info and I will add your marker for you.

Last edited:
Most bar and grill places will be packed on Fridays especially with all the snow birds and spring training going on. A burger joint might be a good call.

I have a NW Valley place in mind for the upcoming "Westside Beering". It's not too far off the 101 but far enough away from the P83 baseball park and Arrowhead mall as to be less crowd/snowbird affected. Good food and beverage selection too. I'm actually thinking a Saturday afternoon 4:30 ish. But also open to suggestions/feedback because we'd like a good turn out. More to come . . . . :cheers:

I was thinking the Culvers on Tbird and 83rd ave

Pioneer Park has a large parking lot, fishing lake, dog park, shelters, grills, water park for kids, etc. Just a thought.

Screenshot_2016-02-24-10-16-40.png

So would you walk or take the LX?:rolleyes:

Not sure Culvers would be open to letting you use their parking lot. Haven't been there that often but parking lot isn't that big and pretty busy.
Haha! I'd still drive. I can rent us a shelter and get a booze permit too.

Sure make me go there first for a cement mixer to go with my rum.

Don's house again!?!
Just kidding once is enough with this crowd. Lol

Just a few ideas all though many are on the far western side for club members.

Cabela's at 101 and Glendale. Gordon Biersch, Saddle Ranch, McFadden's and Yard House, among others, are across the street at Westgate. Native Gill and Wings at the northern end of Cabela's parking lot.

Fuddruckers is on Olive and I-17 or at Arrowhead Mall. Arrowhead is a nicer area but I-17 is a bit more convenient for everyone. There is not a ton of parking at the I-17 location either.

There is a Claim Jumper restaurant at 101 and 17 as well. Not a bad area and there is a Sportsman's Warehouse down the street.

I must confess, I would make more of the meetings if it were closer to me. Time, for me, has been tough to find. Hats off to jclark for making the trip every month!

Until December this year.....hint , hint
It was a well behaved group, so we will see! :flipoff2:

Might be kinda fun to do a night run up there through Camp Creek to the Bartlett Lake road... I've never done it, I don't think it is all that difficult but might be interesting at night. Plenty of places for those that want to camp for the night as well.

This is a NW suggestion, so dont yell at me East siders, but LW's Hideaway (formerly Campbell's Mercantile) seems like a cool place for a club meeting sometime. Burgers steaks and brews, a front porch/patio and a big parking lot. 91st ave and Pinnacle Peak. Just a thought. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I live two miles from there, I swear.:rolleyes:

This is to help determining members distribution.

You will need to sign in to your Google account.

Click on 2016 CSC Members Map
  • Add marker of your major cross streets
  • Label it with your ih8mud user name

Be careful not to delete other member's marker.

If you don't have a Google account and don't plan to apply for one, please PM me your cross streets info and I will add your marker for you.
Just joined and my cross streets are McKellips & Scottsdale Rd please add me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom