Alternative front seats??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Keeping a budget in mind, what vehicle have IH8Muders canabalized seats from to bolt into your 60's? (the archives didn't turn anything up other than replacement 60 seats). :cheers:

I got a set of basically brand new Honda Pilot front seats in my 60. Wasn't that hard really.

Well, that's a lie. It took me about 2-3 days to finish the project. Basically I had to make my own mounting brackets.

Archives didn't turn up anything? This topic has been discussed many times.
But since you asked, I just finished installing seats from a '98 Camry. They're leather, with electric controls and lumbar support. Way better than the stock seats.

Last edited:
98 Camary huh? You are livin' large! Was it difficult to wire them in? Did you have to make your own mounting bracket?

My back couldn't take the stock seats anymore, so after a lot of looking I struck gold at Toyota Heaven. As for wiring, I had someone more knowledgable than I do it. It involved the installation of a relay and some pretty large gauge wire to handle the motor. Yes I had to make brackets out of 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 angle iron. I posted pics of them a couple of weeks ago, but here they are again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the images. I looked up the previous link and found all the details you wrote before. I'll keep my eyes open at the local junk yard.
Thanks again
CB

Beard Super Seats!!!!
IMG_2555.jpg

They are SSOOOOOOO nice I love them! $200 a piece they will make em in any colors you want.

92 Mitsubishi Diamante - way comfy and good fit.

I am getting the impression that maybe just find a good deal on some seats that fit my butt then try to mak'em fit the truck. I was hoping to find bolt in replacements though. My welds look like cosmic throw-up! so if I could avoid extensive fab...

Thanks for the pics and suggestions!

Keep searching the site. Someone installed Saab seats (I think out of a 900). The front bolts matched up exactly, rear adapters needed. They looked very comfortable.

'88 Mazda MX6 seats cost me 17 bucks at the local junk yard, in near perfect condition (they stank of smoke though, but running the upholstery through the washing machine fixed that easily). They do not bolt in though, and I spent 400 bucks having a (VERY) good fabricator make me up some badass stock looking brackets that allowed me to bolt them right in.

See pics here.

Audi quattro sport seats - my back is formed to them after 14 years & 4 different cars (heaters, full power, side bolsters, & adjustable lumbar support)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom