Alternative Diesel Exhaust Ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40s are short - I would not stop short of 'as far as you could go' from the standpoint of not gagging on the smell when stopped in traffic. I have never met a 'exhaust ahead of the rear axle' person with a short truck who really preferred it (from a stink standpoint) to one that exited behind the rear axle. YMMV!

FJ40s are short - I would not stop short of 'as far as you could go' from the standpoint of not gagging on the smell when stopped in traffic. I have never met a 'exhaust ahead of the rear axle' person with a short truck who really preferred it (from a stink standpoint) to one that exited behind the rear axle. YMMV!
Thanks. Good info.

I'm going to try to run mine all the back. We don't need no stinkin fumes. :) When I did a brief mockup, it looked like I could run 2.5" tubing along the passenger's side depending on how I mount the transmission/transfer case. I would be a lot easier if the Cummins exhaust exited on the driver's side.

I'm going to try to run mine all the back. We don't need no stinkin fumes. :) When I did a brief mockup, it looked like I could run 2.5" tubing along the passenger's side depending on how I mount the transmission/transfer case. I would be a lot easier if the Cummins exhaust exited on the driver's side.
Agreed, which is the reason for my post. Not a lot of room until I duck under the frame.

My old exhaust (pre turbo) used to exit in front of rear wheel passenger side. I had no issue with fumes. Now i have no exhaust off the turbo yet and ill be routing it same way infront of rear tire. Im done with have it just dump off turbo into the engine bay that gets stinky haha

Come on guys, what are y'all thinking. All the cool diesel kids run it right from the turbo straight through the hood!

Or if you're really cool, some stacks!

I don’t notice any fumes with mine exiting in front of the passenger rear tire. Seemed like a lot of work to route it back past the axle and gain all of what, like 3 feet?

However I am conscious of pulling up to stop lights, bus stops, etc and try not to put the tailpipe right next to the old lady with groceries or the civic wth their window down.

I don’t notice any fumes with mine exiting in front of the passenger rear tire. Seemed like a lot of work to route it back past the axle and gain all of what, like 3 feet?

However I am conscious of pulling up to stop lights, bus stops, etc and try not to put the tailpipe right next to the old lady with groceries or the civic wth their window down.
Pics?

Looking for alternative diesel exhaust ideas other than running the exhaust all the way to the rear of my FJ40. Pics, products, off the wall ideas all welcome. Motor is a Cummin R2,8 Turbo Diesel.
This is alternative
BABEF680-E468-466E-849B-A0EDEBF11BCB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom