Alternate to BBNP? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions for an alternate Hill Country place to go camp & wheel? I had reservations for next week at BBNP but with the govt. shutdown we having second thoughts. Don't want to drive the extra 2hrs to BB Ranch since we were there last may and I was going to take my travel trailer. Had planned on camping at Rio Grande Village and go out for daily excursions. Prefer to go to the Hill Country.

I’m not aware of anything other than HF and Katempcy... Am I missing something?

The lodge would still be open since it’s run by a third party.

I was out there during the shutdown over Xmas holidays. There were tons of people there. Not sure what the status is now with toilets/bathrooms. Looked like lots of folks camping too.

I saw Joshua Tree is closing tomorrow due to the trash/toilet issue.

I heard the same about Joshua Tree..that and idiots off roading on areas not designated as such. I've read a few articles on other national parks, such as Yosemite, that have toilets overflowing etc. It is a shame. I saw something today about a few volunteer outfits that are paying for/picking up trash in BBNP.

You guys regularly head out to Big Bend? My cousin went out there in his lx a few months ago and I had to pass on that opportunity. I’ve been wanting to check it out for a while now.

You guys regularly head out to Big Bend? My cousin went out there in his lx a few months ago and I had to pass on that opportunity. I’ve been wanting to check it out for a while now.

Ken, I have been to the national park 3X and 1X to the Ranch (state park), both awesome but IMO, the national park is more scenic. Sounds like we need to plan a trip there. We opted for my in-laws ranch this week, so I still have the BB fever. Once you go, you get hooked.

Ken, I have been to the national park 3X and 1X to the Ranch (state park), both awesome but IMO, the national park is more scenic. Sounds like we need to plan a trip there. We opted for my in-laws ranch this week, so I still have the BB fever. Once you go, you get hooked.

Awesome. Yeah I was bummed to miss my cousin’s trip. I’m down to go this year. Probably have to be after the Roundup as that’ll take a chunk outta my wallet and use up some wife acceptance factor.

Let's start thinking May or October forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom