Altenator Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ca./S.C. Now living in the Philippines Moving back
Question; I see most 40s on here have the altenator on the passenger side of the engine. Mine is located on the lower driver's side under the power steering pump. Is this a characteristic of a Non USA rig? Or just another PO job?:hmm:

mine is a 68 and the alt is on the drivers side..

:confused: passenger side... Drivers side... Non-USA...:confused:

Is your's right hand drive or left?

I'm sure it's not uncommon... And likely original, unless it is obviously hacked together.:cheers:

I'm sure it's not uncommon... And likely original, unless it is obviously hacked together.:cheers:

No mine is original left hand steering and the altenator looks like a factory install. I was just curious because I see a lot on here with an easy to access location on the left facing the front.

This is complicated because many of you guys sit on the wrong side when you're driving.

:D

alt position changed between the F and 2F engines...

later 2F motors had the bracket on the passenger side ... the 2f in a FJ60 was stock this way ... i bought a bracket of a later 2f so i could put my alternator on the passenger side to make room for a power steering pump on the drivers side..

maybe that is what your talking about when you see pics of other peoples engines..

My 69 had the alt. at the bottom of the block on the driver's side. When I switched to a 2F, I left it there, as the mounts and holes were still there.

When I went to a high output alternator (GM) with internal regulator, I salvaged a bracket and moved it up to the top on the passenger side.

Like this smurf. I was wondering Non-USA because I got the truck here in the Pinas. Frame is June/78 Engine numbers say 79 but it is a 73 looking tub. The Vin tag was mounted on the passenger side firewall. The Vin tag numbers match the frame numbers but the PO did say he did an engine swap. t Vin tag says 2F.:hmm:
DSC00744.jpg

G'day Rob,
My original right-hand drive 1977 2F has the alternator in the same place as yours. Perhaps you have the engine from a right hand drive?

There is no telling about this truck Scott. It has so many different years mixed ha ha. That is why I call it a Heinz 57 truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom