Alt relocate/wiring rerouting advice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1/73 fj 40 that I have added minni truck power steering to. I relocated alternator to passenger side. I was wondering how you guys rerouted your wiring to reach the new location of alternator. I'm thinking I just extend wiring and run back through firewall behind dash and back out to passenger side where the coil and starter wires are. Any advice for a nice clean way to do this would be fantastic.

Thank you

I am in the process of relocating my alternator to the passenger side. I removed my harness to do it. I also eliminated the external regulator. Its a pretty easy job to do. @Coolerman has the wiring diagrams and the info about eliminating the regulator.

I simply extended the wiring along the firewall and to the new location. Wrapped the wiring in tape and it looks neat.

I have a 1/73 fj 40 that I have added minni truck power steering to. I relocated alternator to passenger side. I was wondering how you guys rerouted your wiring to reach the new location of alternator. I'm thinking I just extend wiring and run back through firewall behind dash and back out to passenger side where the coil and starter wires are. Any advice for a nice clean way to do this would be fantastic.

Thank you

That's exactly what I did on my '67 when I swapped my 2f in. Got the matching wire extensions from @Coolerman. I just untaped the original wiring back down to the voltage regulator and then ran them along the inside of the firewall like you mentioned and out the passenger side with the wires that go to my junction blocks on the front fender. You can also get harness tape from him for this project. Much like electrical tape except it only sticks to itself.

I am in the process of relocating my alternator to the passenger side. I removed my harness to do it. I also eliminated the external regulator. Its a pretty easy job to do. @Coolerman has the wiring diagrams and the info about eliminating the regulator.
Thanks for the help! I was wondering why you are eliminating the regulator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom