(Almost) OEM Intermittent Wipers for the FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1981 diesel here, has same specs as all 40 series until 1984, for BJ40, BJ42, BJ44, BJ46. (although somewhere in 1982 the BJ42 and BJ46 got factory intermittent, so no use for your pretty tech solution here) Most probably the same as FJ's from that era.
Happy to do the test, will now go into Northern European winter here with rain on daily basis comparable to North West Pacific. Drive this truck also almost daily. Let me know if you're interested and willing to send it over the Atlantic. I'll give you my detailed install and usage review.

folkert@compass-island.com

Any news?

Hay Spotcruiser, as a fellow wet weather dweller I was thinking the same thing this morning on the way to work. I saw a bump on this thread, hoping for news and low and behold, it was just another curious wiper wanter.

I've been meaning to build my own simple wiper delay, but the delay designed by Unixman sounded so good that I figured I'd just buy one of those. It's not really a big deal, though, since I've been the wiper delay for 40 years now. :D I would have volunteered to be the test subject, but I have my 78 down for rust repair at the moment.

Last edited:
I got in on the ground floor with the ebay controller and coolerman's harness wiring. I believe I have the only working model of this. It does have a drawback though. When I turn on the ignition the wipers cycle about 6 times before they park. Careful when it's icy.......

So I too want the next gen

Unixman, you out there?

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. But like most of us, he probably has bigger fish to fry.

Keep the faith, it's not like we can't drive in the rain until we get one. I'm sure we all have something on the back burner. Heck, if five years from now he has it ready I'll still buy one.

Pretty soon Spotcruiser's manual wiper delay will go on strike... or retire.. ;)

My coolerman/ebay controller works pretty well except the fact that they run for about four cycles every time I turn on the ignition. Well, and they don't quite park where i'd like. But other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

I think I mentioned before that I had planned to build my own wiper delay. I have the parts. It's just that Unixman's device was going to be programmable and more functional with an easier installation, so I've put off building my own. I guess I need to find a young guy with bad hips and feet to ride shotgun and work the wiper switch for me, or build my own delay. :D

I think I mentioned before that I had planned to build my own wiper delay. I have the parts. It's just that Unixman's device was going to be programmable and more functional with an easier installation, so I've put off building my own. I guess I need to find a young guy with bad hips and feet to ride shotgun and work the wiper switch for me, or build my own delay. :D

Hey it's only 1 bad hip, and 1 foot. But I don't think my 16's fit well in the passenger side of the 40.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom