1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost newbie introduction…

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by YV FJs, Aug 4, 2005.

1. YV FJs

YV FJs

Almost newbie introduction…

I’ve read some of these forums (40, 60, 80, etc.) for a while know and even posted some messages but since I never formally introduce myself to you all, I guess lack of responses is the way to say “who are you and what are you doing here?....one of those unwritten rules… that’s ok, I apologize for being rude.

About me, I’m just another Land Cruiser fan who has owned a couple of them (40s, 45s and 60s) over the years here in the US and abroad. Currently, I have an ‘87 FJ60 that just gave me a surprise yesterday when starting it up… the biggest cloud of smoke you could imagine… neighbors half a block away came out to see what was happening… I think is the head gasket…

anyhooo, I was thinking about selling the 60 and getting into an 80 and this happens…

Well, I do have too many things to take care these days and I don’t want to deal with this new “to do” thing. I know that at this point this is starting to sound more like a sale than anything so I will end it thanking and congratulating everybody for this quality community and saying that there’s a FJ60 available almost for free in the for sale wanted section

J

2. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:
    Sweet, almost free cruiser. Oh and welcome, noob. :D

3. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

4. YV FJs

YV FJs

Thanks guys... hawk, even though it's almost free, I only got two requests... I guess people think it's a piece of junk, but it isn't... maybe pictures will help... I just have to figure out how to post them

J

5. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    see the "help" corner...

if it was closer, I'd have it in a heart beat....3000 miles round trip kinda kills the deal tho...lol

welcome :flipoff2:

6. freightdog

freightdog

Welcome -

My Cruiser blows smoke on occasion - when oil leaks onto the heads i guess -

7. bkfj40

bkfj40 SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums: