Almost Free Rock Sliders in Salt Lake City (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
Saw this on another forum...

Rocky Road Outfitters is offering a set of sliders to anybody who will loan their truck/SUV for a couple of days for slider mock-up.

Rockrails rock slider protection

So what are you waiting for? :D

I'm happy with my Slee Sliders and SLC is about 1500 miles round trip for me! 1500mi/12mpg x $4.25 gal = $531 in gas. Eek.

"Doesn't matter if it is Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Jeep, Hummer, Isuzu, Land Rover....
If you don't see a listing for your particular model or year, and live in the Salt Lake City area, you could earn yourself a set of free Rockrails.
We are looking for prototype vehicles. You just drop the vehicle by our shop for a couple days while we design, build, and mount the Rockrails.... then you drive away with free new rocker protection."

I would surely do it if i were in SLC... someone on this forum better do it just so we know someone got the free sliders. If you don't like them I will pay the shipping to me:D

Cory,

The price of steel is very expensive these days, so they would have to be worth something.

Hey, I'm all for more vendors making more goods, but damn - if you're going to make a product, keep a person's truck for a couple days, and want them to speak good of what you made, at least try. They drilled through the pinch weld on Darren's truck without asking him and I could have bent the sliders on the 80 by standing on them.

So yes Eric, they are worth the price of scrap steel. :flipoff2:

Haha, oh well. I was a bit suspicious after seeing their pricing but figured I'd post it up since lots of people here don't have the extra funds for sliders.

Thanks for posting up Trunk, I was gonna take my hundred in to them. I definitely won't now, bummer. If it seems to good to be true it probably is, i guess...

I'm not willing to risk being the one that they wanna turn their reputation around with, know what I mean?:)

Haha, oh well. I was a bit suspicious after seeing their pricing but figured I'd post it up since lots of people here don't have the extra funds for sliders.

You know the 100 series sliders are a lot simplier to design than the 80 series sliders. So they should be a lot easier of a project for the home builder. I've been thinking about ditching my Slee tube sliders and building a set of custom ones. Originally I was just going to hack off the Slee outers and use the Slee mounts for my own outrigger. However, in laying under the truck for hours and hours I decided that it would be probably best for me just to build a whole new set and sell these. This is very very low on the priority list as there is nothing wrong with the Slee sliders I just want a flat running board style and I have the tube style as it would suit my needs for that truck better.

If you like the Slee Step Sliders, somebody might even trade you and save you a lot of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom