Almost factory light tabs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i got a free set of driving lights a few weeks back and have been waiting to install them on the truck. i originally wanted a air of rectangular lights to fit in the front bumper, but the free ones were round and to big to fit so, time to figure out how to mount them. i didn’t really want to drill holes in the bumper if i didn’t have to so i started looking to see what i had to work with. i took out the plastic inserts in the bumper and had my answer, use the holes in the bumper for the screws and plastic inserts and just make a big light tab. after a few measurements and making a template out of some thin plywood, some metal was ordered and on the way. i ordered a small sheet of aluminum that was 6x12 in, 1/4 thick, little overkill on the thickness but at least i know the tabs wont break or bend. when the metal showed up, time to start on the fun by tracing the template onto the plate.

after some cutting, grinding and drilling the mounting holes time for a test fit (should be good i only measured 7 or 8 times).

looks good enough, time to make another one. more cutting, grinding, drilling and some finishing later and we have almost factory light tabs.
100_2421.jpg
100_2424.jpg
100_2425.jpg

after some wrenching, installing the slee light harness and some :beer:, the final product. not prefect but good enough. it was a little tight between the lights and bumper, next set will have to be a little longer, but all in all a job well done.
100_2429.jpg
100_2428.jpg
100_2430.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom