Almost died last night. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Had to go to Atlanta yesterday to deliver some rugs to our showroom because no one else could do it. I was driving a Ford 350 super-duty box van doing about 65 mph. On Hwy85 North coming over the second set of double bridges that go over Hartwell I blew the left rear tire. When it blew it grabbed the fuel filler and suck it all into the other tire that wasn't blown and locked it up. It sent me immediately left to wards the edge of the bridge. I whipped the steering wheel the other way and it was on. Only two wheels at this point and at least 50 yards of bridge to still get over. My life really did pass in front of me. As I knew I was going over the bridge and the 50ft drop into Hartwell. I ended up whipping it several times and was on two wheel more than once before I got it to a stop on the other side of the bridge. The tire had completely ripped the fuel filler hose off and Diesel was all over the road. The tire ripped a foot by foot hole in the bed of the van and sent wood all over the rugs inside.

I called Ryder and they sent someone out. While I waited I walked up to the Huddle house on Exit 14 and got some food. They picked me up a short time later. Got to see have someone changes a tire on a rim manually. Pretty cool. Ended up being the wrong size. SO we drove down to the shop and changed it again. All this started at 5 yesterday and I got home at 12.

God was on my side yesterday. Made me realize that there are a lot of things in life that are not as important than my wife and child. Plan on spending the day with them as yesterday could have been my last.

Last edited:
:eek: Holy crap!! :eek:

Glad you're OK and still around dude!! :cheers:

Dang Marshall - I am glad you are OK. I hope you have a good day with the fam and give me a call when its time to wrench on your fleet. First things first though...

Take care.

You can not live in a glass house, but incidents like that make you remember how quickly things can change. Glad your ok and enjoy your day!

Scott

Dude Glad you are ok.....But glad that you drove it like a rental...2 thumbs up!!

Dang Troll, we're glad you're still with us.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Reading the title of your post, I thought it would have something to do with the UNC - USC game last night. :D

Last edited:
wow....glad you're ok Marshall. enjoy somequality time with the family and you'll feel better for doing it.

Good to see your still here lots of people need you a lot more then us in the club, but we all certainly appreciate you too.

On a side note jumping off 50' bridges into lakes can be pretty sweet so long as its your decision.

Sounds like God and some sound driving experience were co-piloting with ya.

Glad you are okay man.

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it turned out ok.

sorry to hear about your day

I must have been just in front of you on I85, because I dont remember passing a box van on the side of the road

I got off at exit 19 right at 5:00 after driving back from Athens TN.

you can bet if I had been behind you & seen the blowout I would have stopped and given you a lift to exit 14

While I waited I walked up to the Huddle house on Exit 14 and got some food.

God was on my side yesterday. Made me realize that there are a lot of things in life that are not as important than my wife and child. Plan on spending the day with them as yesterday could have been my last.

We only have one opportunity to live today.....we should carefully choose who and what we spend our time with or doing. All of the issues begging for our time are just issues begging for our time. They strive to suck us into their endless vortex :eek: (from which there is no return).

The most important thing is to live today like it's our last!! :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

Live hard, play harder and love hardest!!

God was on my side yesterday

"As flys to wanton boys, such are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport".
Wm Shakespeare, "King Lear"

You were sent a message from the Great Beyond, my friend:
Grab life, Say what you feel; not what you are expected to say.......and LOVE LARGE!
KM

Very glad to hear you're ok, Marshall. It sounds as if your emergency driving skills saved your life.

Savor every day!

Glad you are ok sir!!!! Don't let something like that scare ya away from the double bridges......SCDOT needs to do something about those danged potholes.:mad:

Keep on truckin' brother!!!!!

Holy bejeezus

Glad you were okay. That had to be scary. Like you said God had to be with you. Take care, have a relaxful weekend with the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom