ALMOST an FJ-40 owner!! Need advice QUICK! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone!

You may remember me as the desperate individual trying to sell/trade his mustang for a Cruiser...finally sold it at a severe loss...time for a new toy!

Well, i need some advice about a cruiser i'm trying to pick up. It's a 73 FJ40. Here is all the info i have so far:

The trucks exterior is in fair condition. Interior needs work. Two jump seats in the back. Mods; 4" backcountry lift, 38.5 Ground Hog tires, 15" American Racing Rims, Sagnaw powersteering, professionally fabricated dual exhaust, new radiator, dual fans..Extras: set of American Racing rims, tranny, driver side door, and brand new Poly gas tank bought from Rocky Mountain Cruisers in Colorado

I MIGHT be able to pick it up for 2k....what do you think? Car is in great shape. Here is the link: (PS: I GOT FIRST DIBS!! :) )

73 fj-40

I couldn't get the link to work... it came to a change location screen

dual exhaust, I'd assume V-8. 3 speed? wonder if they upgraded the brakes to discs, drums and 38's also need more than 4" of lift to fit 38's
I don't like buying someone else's mistakes. find an unmoded rig and fix it up the way you want.

If the engine and other mechanicals are in good shape, it might be a good deal. The pics would help

sorry bro, your link is still dead.

And yes at 2K you CAN still go wrong.

I have a hard time imagining a fj40 with 4" of lift stuffing 38's...

But 2K for a running "complete" Cruiser is a good place to start.

Rezarf <><

sounds like a good deal but might be a little starved for power with those 38's on a f. maybe i read wrong more details please

dang...i can't get the link to work.......

if you go to carsoup.com, and click on the Twin Cities portion of the Minnesota map, and run a search for a 73 cruisers, only one should come up.

Sorry for not figuring out how to link it right...i've never had problems on other forums. Hope I don't piss anybody off by making them chase the link!

Yeah...38's on 4 in lift is suspect...but it looks right in the pics...gotta check it out tonight...

Let me know if i can still go wrong!

Murad

found it.....yeah definitly looks like a good rig.....327 and so on...says 4000.....but i dont know what kind of deal your working....just buy it!

I think that looks like a good deal too, if you can get it for $2k like you mentioned. It might be worth $4k if the fab work on the v8 and PS is solid. Go for it!

Hmm I run 38"s and only have a 4" spring under.. It's possible.

Looks good to me. Your other link worked for me. If you could get it for 2K it might not be too bad of deal but it is hard to tell without seeing the cruiser. I would seriously look to see if the V8 conversion is done well. Buying a rig with a bad V8 conversion can be costly. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks guys...I really appreciate the help...

Props to a knowledgable, courteous and mature forum!

Murad

You'd have to get better pictures than that!
I can tell it's got a 77 or later hardtop on it that's about it..
FJ40167839%2D1.jpg

Is that white one it??? :eek:

Are you kidding me? 2k???

What in the hell are you waiting for??

My first Cruiser was a bit rusty and all stock 73 for 3500. It was worth it, well worth it. It's hard to even find any cruiser round here for about 2k. Seen total rust buckets here for 5k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom