1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost a wasted day....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by TJDIV, Jul 18, 2005.

1. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    Today just seemed to drag by..........

Then I realized it WAS my ridge vent that was lying by my town house....had to fix that [temp fix to work on insurance....the roof got lifted, peeled, etc...s***ty..]

Then I decided to do this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4562684988&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

(No need to flame...it's a work rig/DD and I've always liked the Tahoe's)

Then I decided to put on the Hella Black Magic lights I got today (With a little help from a JEEP owner...), ....put the rear jumps in a while back [Thanks Stumbaugh!!!], along with emblems [Thanks Yooper!!!] and put in a horn and aux 12V plug....

I don't really think I did anything else note worthy.........

Gotta drive to ATL tomorrow to pick up another gutter machine....might try to make it by Murphy Ave......

2. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    Damn Hurricane's are a PITA. I know this doesn't look all that bad, but when the shingles "lift" like they did [with several breaking off] and the ridge vent gets ripped off.....well.......you can pretty much write your ticket for a new roof....

Thank God Dad taught us how to roof....

And the view from the roof....a Taco....Bronco.....and the Cruisers.....

3. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

4. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    same price?

haha........I KNEW one of you bastards would see that............... :whoops:

5. Critter

Critter

"Watch your friends faces as you drive by in this sweet SUV let them wonder where you found it and for how much make them envious and they will be because just looking at the pictures will tell you this is one sharp Tahoe and its yours if you want it."

WOW! Is all I can say...

6. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    that's a NapoleON line right there buddy............

7. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Tom, your pussy doesn't look too amused .. :D

8. flintknapper

flintknapper

You should have bought that '79 Bronco.

Naw, good looking rig. Just go ahead and buy a couple of spare fuel pumps.

9. Critter

Critter

That is exactly what I was thinking, in addition to being quite possibly the longest sentence in the history of the English language.

I wonder if its been off any sweet jumps.

10. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    The 40 needs a huge rebel flag on the bikini top.....

11. e rock

e rock

That pump should be a matter of routine preventative maintenance. Like next time the tank is empty, just do it. Cuz the pump NEVER dies on an empty tank. My old 'Burban had ~40 gallons in a 42 gallon tank when it went :doh: . I would rather do a dozen pumps on empty tanks than ever do that again.

12. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    Hmmmm........

And is it just me and my past "Strip Cruising" experiences at Panama City......or does that flag usually carry a blaring rendition of Sweet Home Alabama on the nearest stereo? Seriously.

Now there's an idear...

Funny about the fuel pumps....our 99 GMC 3500's fuel pump is on it's LAST leg. But from what I seen 9 times out of 10 you at least have some sort of fore-warning that they're getting tired.

The chicks fine with it, cause she get's to drive it out camping instead of her Civic!!...haha........

13. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:

eets a sledgehammmer.

14. e rock

e rock

All the ones I've dealt with or heard of have given no warning. I've since been told by a few GM techs that the issue isn't usually the pump itself, but rather the plug connections connecting the pump motor to the assembly (you'll know what I'm talking about when you see one). I've been told that simply stripping the wires and soldering the joints effectively solves the issue most times. This was confirmed when I bench-tested my "known bad" pump and it worked fine. At that point, it seemed silly not to just put a new pump in since I had done all the hard work.

Another tech friend said that on probably 3/4 of the chevys that get towed to his shop for fuel pump replacement, he can get the pump to run long enough to drive it into the shop bay instead of pushing it by banging on the fuel tank a few times with a rubber mallet.

I think I've still got a working pump motor sitting in the garage. Only got 100K on it :D ...and some spare stock headlight bulbs and a couple sets of spark plugs (don't waste your money on cheap ones - get the Delco platinums the first time) and some transmission gaskets and probably more...

15. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:

I hear ya.

Maybe it's just me, but mileage, etc. on the Chevrolet's has NEVER bothered me. Hell, I can get a Kia to roll 250K. You just can't neglect your s*** I guess.

I've got two 350 Vortecs sitting at a friends house, both 99's. Fuel pumps are nothing to deal with.

Buddy Gary's trans. shop has all the lifts, tools, and tranny's I could ever ask for.

But if you're looking to unload some stuff......... :D

Funny, nobody's said a damn thing about my Black Magic Lights.

Don't waste your money. NO BRIGHTER than the Hella 500's and the harness they come with is a PITA....had to basically rebuild it.

Other than that..........