Almost a Grand Slam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There's something called a Sierra Grand Slam; A brown, cutthroat, brook, and rainbow trout.

I managed to get a cutthroat, brown and rainbow all just about 24" in a single day. I also filled the 80 with gas for the first time in over two months, what a shock .:eek:

Nice looking fish Mike.... Where did you go? I see the ladder and the cutthroat, did you go to Pyramid? Get all 3 at Pyramid? Extremely Jealous.... w/ gas prices this year, daughter graduating HS and her needing a car.... I doubt I'll be heading up to the Sierras this year :crybaby:...

The cutt was from Pyramid. The other guys were from nearby waters

I've been commuting on a motorcycle and getting 60+ MPG. Fill ups are one gallon a week. And I don't even look at the price.Filling up the 80 was almost $80.

Great looking fish Mike! Learning how to flyfish is on my bucket list.

Check out the teaser trailer of the Manzanar Fishing Club... a sad story of our country's paranoid past.. Let history be the lesson for future generations!:)

THE MANZANAR FISHING CLUB: Video

Scott, thanks for posting that. Forgotten or unknown American history for sure. Brought me to think of another piece of unkown/forgotten American history:

In addition 2,264 persons of Japanese ancestry taken from 12 Latin American countries by the U.S. State and Justice Departments were held at the Department of Justice Camps.Approximately two-thirds of these persons were Japanese Peruvians. There has been some speculation that the United States intended to use them in hostage exchanges with Japan, a plot in part facilitated by local prejudice against Japanese communities in various South American countries. After the war, Peru refused to accept the return of the Japanese Peruvians they had acquiesced to interning in American camps; of this group, some were transferred to Japan, some were granted American citizenship, and a small minority of approximately 100 managed to achieve repatriation into Peru by asserting special circumstances, such as marriage to a non-Japanese Peruvian. Three hundred of the Japanese Peruvians who fought deportation in the courts were allowed to settle in the United States, and were granted American citizenship in 1953. This also happened to some persons of German ancestary living in Latin America.

Nice

Great looking fish Mike! Learning how to flyfish is on my bucket list.

Ditto above, Nice. Those fish sure seem to beat the fish I am used to getting from the eastern sierra back in lakes, Maby 12" on good days. Can't beat fishing on a lake without another soul in site for a whole day though. I have managed a golden, brook and rainbow on the same day in the cottonwood meadow trail and surrounding lakes. I'll settle for a triple any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom