Allow Me To Introduce Myself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sonofaskipper

SILVER Star
Threads
Let me just say that I’ve found a fountainhead of knowledge and experience in this forum. I’ve recently jumped into the JDM pool with a ‘91 HDJ. I’m currently on a tug boat, bobbing around in the middle of the Pacific. As such, I’ve had ample time to pore over the multitudes of threads pertaining to the HDJ and the 1 HD-T. When I get home, I plan to do some base lining. Plan is to dive into the BEB replacement, ACSD delete, fluid flush, and timing belt. Rig has 260,000 km on it. Has newly rebuilt A442, with a 2 year warranty. Triple locked, and US spec front rotors.

I’ve seen many references to plastigauging the tolerances on the BEB, but I must’ve overlooked the spec. Does someone have that info offhand? Much obliged. I do have a digital copy of the FSM, just not with me here on the boat.

Ryland

You need to get yourself an FSM all that info is in there.

Welcome ..........

s-l1600.jpg

that would make a cool poster, I'd buy that

When I get home, I plan to do some base lining

Welcome.
First thing I would do would be oil change ,oil filter and air filter. A coolant change is also a good idea, Toyota Red seems to keep them in good condition.
Next I would be looking at what kind of smoke is coming out the back when its warmed up and/or on cold start up, if any. Other things like injectors and the condition of the injector pump are often overlooked because of a lack local knowledge and expense , but they are important.
ACSD make a rattling noise and take a long time to malfunction. Beb going bad make a ticking noise.
Think about building up a stash of belts , filters, thermostat, radiator cap and other consumables.

Welcome.
First thing I would do would be oil change ,oil filter and air filter. A coolant change is also a good idea, Toyota Red seems to keep them in good condition.
Next I would be looking at what kind of smoke is coming out the back when its warmed up and/or on cold start up, if any. Other things like injectors and the condition of the injector pump are often overlooked because of a lack local knowledge and expense , but they are important.
ACSD make a rattling noise and take a long time to malfunction. Beb going bad make a ticking noise.
Think about building up a stash of belts , filters, thermostat, radiator cap and other consumables.
Fortunately, I found a shop up in Eugene that seems to know Bosch and Denso pretty well. I think I’ll be able to source some reman two stage injectors from them. Oregon Fuel Injection. They had the blanking plate for the ACSD as well. Thanks for the input. I’ve ordered some filters from Partsouq, and the truck came with a new timing belt. I’ll have to source a tensioner and guides though.

Welcome! You are correct in that there is a LOT of Toyota knowledge here. I don't have a lot of experience with Oregon Fuel Injection, but they did find me an IP diaphragm for a spare for a 1981 Nissan SD-22 (rare motor in the states) that I'm slowly working on putting into a 1973 Datsun 620 pickup.

What part of Southern Oregon are you located in? Assuming the Gold Beach area, as that's the only major town on the Southern Oregon coast until you get up around Coos Bay. I spent a couple years in Grants Pass in the early 70's.

Don

What part of Southern Oregon are you located in? Assuming the Gold Beach area, as that's the only major town on the Southern Oregon coast until you get up around Coos Bay. I spent a couple years in Grants Pass in the early 70's.

Don

Don,

Actually I live in the Rogue Valley. I’m down in Ashland, Oregon. Moved back recently after about 10 years in Hawaii. Given that my company pays for travel, I can live just about anywhere there’s a decent airport. I work on a tug boat on a trans pacific route.

Ryland

Ashland is a pretty town, at least my memory has it that way. At the time I was in Grants Pass I really liked the park there, Lithia Park if my memory is working. One real good thing about Southern Oregon is that you are never very far from being so far out of town that you will be out in the sticks before you know it. I was working in maintenance at Josephine General Hospital. The second year there I was living out 3 miles up Murphy Creek Road, almost to the end, which was 11 miles from work. I loved it as I could step out the door of my trailer and be out in the sticks. I had a Camaro at the time, and if that thing had been a 4 X 4 there is no telling where I might have ended up.

Don

My sister lives out near there, on Applegate Road. Pretty nice area. You’re memory serves you well, Lithia Park is the jewel of Ashland. Lots of wilderness area to explore in all points of direction from that Valley. Looking forward to many adventures in the HDJ.

What is this ACSD delete you speak of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom