All windows up/down mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My audi A4 had that option when you held the driver key in the unlock position. It was awesome on a hot day.... bring on the tech and lets do it.

you need a thing called a window module. Thats what lets you do that. I think youd actually need 4 and they are pretty price and hard to program.

I can't imagine it being all that difficult. The drivers switch can already control all 4 windows, so the wiring is there. All you would have to do is wire in a switch that sent power to all four windows at the same time.

Only thing is it might work very slowly. I know if you hold up all four buttons at the same time they all go up very slowly.

I think you'd have to get Tim Taylor on it and ramp up the voltage :)
Bout 48v should do it!

I have an AutoWatch AM alarm system with an add-on module which closes all windows when you arm the sytem with the remote.

Pretty straightforward job, as mentioned you can get modules that need a negative input to operate them. The typical module will close a pair of windows, when wired to the neg out of your alarm they will all close at the same time. You can also have a momentary switch where they all open as well, this is with reversible modules but the wiring is as mentioned sitting in the drivers door.

regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom