All Weather Mats for a 62 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's what I went with ^^^ I wish there was something available more Husky or Weather Tech that could hold water, mud and snow but these have worked fine for the last 4-ish years.

I'm running brown all-weather mats from a 100 series in my FJ62. The front fits good, the backs are fine except the rear mats from a first generation Tundra excess cab fit better. Use the Tundra rears on the outside and use one from a 100 series in the middle.the front mats say LandCruiser on the outside edge and back have the sombrero on the backs.

The best option I found were the premium mats walmart sells (the ones you can cut away). It's been a few years so I don't remember the exact brand, but they were deep dish style and fit perfectly.

I run the mats from CruiserCorps in the 60. Run grey in the front and second row and went with black in the cargo area. I’ve used them for 5 years and have zero regrets. Great product that has stood the test of time.

I use these (I buy them in Canada) MotoMaster Multi-Season Rubber Floor Mat Set, 4-Piece | Canadian Tire
I have used them in my Fj60 my old BJ42 and in my F150.
The grey is almost a perfect match to the FJ60 grey carpet.

Snow, mud, dirt water etc get trapped in the mat. I like them because they are heavy and do not move around, plus I find that compared to many others my feet do not slip like some of the other ones I have tried.

I'm running brown all-weather mats from a 100 series in my FJ62. The front fits good, the backs are fine except the rear mats from a first generation Tundra excess cab fit better. Use the Tundra rears on the outside and use one from a 100 series in the middle.the front mats say LandCruiser on the outside edge and back have the sombrero on the backs.

In regard to using 100 series all-weather mats in the front of a 62. If it’s a good match can you post some photos?

I really like the weather-tech mats that I have in my Tacoma and see they have them for 100s on their website but it’ll be good to see one in use before making a buy. This photo is what weather-tech says their FJ100 mats look like.

99F99B6F-DA99-43D5-95F9-BF7A4710A507.png

CFC4F5EF-3A3D-41EC-8F38-56853B323F8C.png

Might a few days before I could get to the computer the pictures are on. Believe it was 2003 or 2004 when I bought the brown mats. In 2006 bought a used 100 series and moved to it. Shortly after found oak color for the 100 series and moved the brown ones back. These use to be cheap. Believe $35 shipped off eBay. If they since sell them today they would not be the same. After the supposed gas pedal issue Toyota switched to soft flimsy mats. I know got a letter from Toyota besides wanting to shave the gas pedal they wanted my all weather mats from our 4Runner to install safer ones. Those are garbage. When we got a 2nd gen Sequoia bought Weather Tech liners. Hopefully be around my FJ62 in the next day or so and will get some detailed pictures. Especially around the footrest with the liner that would be my biggest concern. What I did like about my original set is the brown is a very good match. Then later oak not as much. Think weather Tech are tan. Only grey ones I have are on our 04 4Runner and had them throw in a set when we bought it new. Being mats originally sold for that vehicle when it was new are a good match. Why Toyota switched from brown to oak on the 100 series I don't know. Personally like darker floor mats since they hide dirt better.

Might a few days before I could get to the computer the pictures are on. Believe it was 2003 or 2004 when I bought the brown mats. In 2006 bought a used 100 series and moved to it. Shortly after found oak color for the 100 series and moved the brown ones back. These use to be cheap. Believe $35 shipped off eBay. If they since sell them today they would not be the same. After the supposed gas pedal issue Toyota switched to soft flimsy mats. I know got a letter from Toyota besides wanting to shave the gas pedal they wanted my all weather mats from our 4Runner to install safer ones. Those are garbage. When we got a 2nd gen Sequoia bought Weather Tech liners. Hopefully be around my FJ62 in the next day or so and will get some detailed pictures. Especially around the footrest with the liner that would be my biggest concern. What I did like about my original set is the brown is a very good match. Then later oak not as much. Think weather Tech are tan. Only grey ones I have are on our 04 4Runner and had them throw in a set when we bought it new. Being mats originally sold for that vehicle when it was new are a good match. Why Toyota switched from brown to oak on the 100 series I don't know. Personally like darker floor mats since they hide dirt better.

Thanks for the info. No problem with the photos,, but if you can some great.

It looks like weather tech allow returns if they are new and returned in orginal box so I might only be down the shipping cost (but that might dissuade me alone from trying the out). Too bad I don’t live near their factory....

Sam's Club sells heavy rubber mats in a set of 4 for $20 or so.

If you remove the dead pedal on an FJ62, you will enjoy greatly increased room for your left foot, and a much easier fit for generic floormats. I liked this 'dead pedal' until I removed it, and I am overjoyed to have it gone! You will have a hole in the carpet and need a 1" thick block (or so) to fill the gap. Your new mat will cover this change, however.

Costco has the cut to fit Weathertech mats - two front and two squares(for the rear) for $29.99. Very heavy and flexible. I also took the dead pedal out. Much better.

Forgot my camera but here are a few pictures I took with my phone. These work as mats but as a liner they wouldn't. The foot rest might be a issue. The width would definitely be a problem. Hard to tell but the first two pictures are brown and the footrest is oak. Brown mats really need to be clean. Last is the back sides. One may look grey but it is oak and matched the oak carpet in our 2000 100 series. Found it interest both show a date code 10/01. I really like the 100 series all weather mats but would probably with Weathertech cut to fit mats if I didn't have these. Really like the Weathertech liners in our 2nd gen Sequoia.
IMG_20190426_151935500.jpg
IMG_20190426_152012564.jpg
IMG_20190426_152528406.jpg
IMG_20190426_152830337.jpg

Thanks so much for the photos! Would have never thought about removing the dead pedal (didn't know that was possible) I'll definitely keep that in mind. I think I'll try the costco cut to fit Weathertech opition first as there's one local, sound inexpensive, and they are good about returns if I don't like it.

Not a 62, so I know nothing about a dead pedal,
floor mat.jpg
but the Weathertech cut -to-fits have worked out great in the 60. Heavy duty, and they hold all the bad stuff really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom