all these dog threads - I wanna Lab! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All these dog pictures -

I wanna Lab - yellow / black / chocolate -

Anyone have any pups?

labs bark too much...get a Queensland they are fun

I say Blue Heeler. Although I do love labs, and they do love you.

A lab is a set of chewing teeth mounted on 4 jumping legs. They will make you crazy, but they are loyal, fun, and tend not to chew on kids, even if they are backyard bred (the dogs, not kids). :D
After using labs for hunting and talking to a lot of other lab owners, the general consensus was that black labs were the smartest, with yellows following, and chocolates beings as bright as a box of rocks. There are always exceptions, but this info comes from a lot of people who have owned the various different types of labs.

damn, my husky lab cross's dad was a black lab

must be where he missed out on the brains

Box of rocks?

White Shark said:
A lab is a set of chewing teeth mounted on 4 jumping legs. They will make you crazy, but they are loyal, fun, and tend not to chew on kids, even if they are backyard bred (the dogs, not kids). :D
After using labs for hunting and talking to a lot of other lab owners, the general consensus was that black labs were the smartest, with yellows following, and chocolates beings as bright as a box of rocks. There are always exceptions, but this info comes from a lot of people who have owned the various different types of labs.

Blacks have been bred longer for sporting use and this is the only reason they enjoy the reputation.

Yellows are second on the list for the same reason.

Chocolates are actually coming on very strong in the last 6-8 yrs. and I have a 3-1/2 yr. old male with his senior hunter title that I will put up against any other color you wish (with the same credentials).

All of his litter mates have proven out as well. Its simply a matter of good breeding and training. In fact, it is possible to have more than one color in a litter...the chocolates don't come out "dumb" just because of their color.

Keep your eye on the Chocolates both in the field and in field trials, because I think alot of people are quickly changing their minds.

Of course there are those who will never own anything but a "chevy"....same goes for dogs (only black will do).

I enjoy watching any intelligent dog work regardless of his color or breed.

Sorry.........just defending my chocolate (gonna go pet him now)!

Last edited:
i'll give you the yellow lab that just moved into the house behind me...f*&^#r barks every morning at 3:30. :mad: labs are too loud...

buy a golden R...
great dogs. I have had 3 of them and the first two were natural hunters (birds) the thrid one is coming along..

Ours is 7 months now. Very smart, very loyal already, and does not bark when there's not a need.

The remark about chewing teeth with 4 jumping legs .... about the most accurate description I've ever heard.

He is a mutt, however, with what we are guessing is boarder collie but will never know (all black but a funny shaped snout). We found him on the farm (at about 10 weeks) and he adopted us right away.

you want mine? she is only 200 years old and pees everywhere

hi, my name is jazz and i like to sleep, eat and poo

the blue heeler is tough and very low maintainence shown by the harsh country in Australia they work in as full working cattle dogs. Come in red and blue colours also another taller version with usually a stumpy tail called here in the north a Smithfield.One feed a day and one drink most the time, tough as rocks . Bit inclined to get a bit savage if confined without much exercise. The Australian army used labs in Vietnam with great effect, were always black ones but we were told this was mainly so they did not stand out as a light coloured dog does in the bush.Think most labs are inclined to to get overweight if you do not watch what you feed them.Certainly one of the best kids dogs. Think you will like either.

Do y'all know what the genetic difference is between a Black, Yellow, and Choc?

Color determines intelligence? What a bunch of fawking morons....

PHBeerman said:

We have a winner!

PHBeerman said:

I think there's something like 18 pairs of genes that determine a labs coat color and texture. They are really amazing dogs! I have two blacks females out of the same litter. Wonderful temperments and great with the kids! :cheers:

DenverCruiser said:
We have a winner!

This argument is the most moronic thing I have ever heard. All labs carry the ability to throw all 3 colors. Black is the dominate pigmentation. That is why you see more blacks.

A weak argument can be made the due to morons breeding for color, certain lines of labs have traits that are not desireable. However, these traits will be the same no matter the pigmentation.

bigndn said:
I think there's something like 18 pairs of genes that determine a labs coat color and texture. They are really amazing dogs! I have two blacks females out of the same litter. Wonderful temperments and great with the kids! :cheers:

I have 2 blacks as well. I keep looking for a yellow, but keep coming home with blacks. Purely cosmetic reasons that I keep getting blacks.

hey -- this guy's available, he looks like a lab, and he's a lot COOLER than a lab --

-- lab's are dumb --

:D

e

Last edited:
erics_bruisers said:
hey -- this guy's available, he looks like a lab, and he's a lot COOLER than a lab --

-- lab's are dumb --

:D

e

That looks nothing like a lab. Maybe a lab that has been hit by an ugly tree......

Looks backyard bred to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom