All the roof rack options for Land Cruiser 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.reddit.com
The end all be all post regarding roof rack options for the 100 series. I’ll start with this contribution:

3BFDE5D7-8FAD-4E0F-9C76-55A58EA9E8FC.png

Eezi Awning K9 Roof Rack

1574213771935.png

Rhino Rack has a few different options
1574286438626.png

Last edited:
Baja Rack is available from a bunch of distributors. A few that I had bookmarked. Will update if I get a chance with others.
1574213837898.png

ARB offers 2 versions mesh and cage I believe
1574286165870.png

Ironman 4x4 has a hybrid mesh rack:
1574286289238.png

Last edited:
Frontrunner is also available from a bunch of different folks.

1574214018841.png

Prinsu Design's

1574285915806.png

Bowfin
1574285983078.png

Bumpitoffroad offers a custom racks
1574286065873.png

Last edited:
Thread already exists . . .

Thread already exists . . .

Merge these?

Care to share the info and specs? I had planned to also DIY one, but out of 80/20. This looks much cleaner.
I ended up using Trail Taylor low-pro rail mounts. I attached my major cross members to the mounts themselves and used aluminum angle bar to support some secondary cross members made from the uni-strut. The shaped front and back are cut pieces of aluminum attached to the front and rear of the angle bar for aesthetics as well a mounting point for my soon to come fairing which is also made from aluminum sheet. I made a similar rack for my Tacoma, both of which are more than capable. I've hauled a few hundred pounds worth of lumber up top a few times on both vehicles.

@ERMB That looks very nice. I imagine with the fairing installed, it'll be as much a looker as one of Dissent's racks. Love the low profile. Have you had any flexing of the cross bars and contact with the roof?

Any photos or info on shorter (1/2 or 3/4) racks for the 100? I'd prefer to have one that doesn't cover the sunroof. I know that many racks have cutouts or sliding crossbars for the sunroof, but I don't really need a full sized rack. These shorter racks seem to be more common on 4Runners.

@ERMB That looks very nice. I imagine with the fairing installed, it'll be as much a looker as one of Dissent's racks. Love the low profile. Have you had any flexing of the cross bars and contact with the roof?
There is a some slight flexing, but I haven't had any issues with contact with the roof. The fairing design is modeled more after the prinsu due to the contour of the roof and the shape of my side panels. Can't wait to get it done!!

Any photos or info on shorter (1/2 or 3/4) racks for the 100? I'd prefer to have one that doesn't cover the sunroof. I know that many racks have cutouts or sliding crossbars for the sunroof, but I don't really need a full sized rack. These shorter racks seem to be more common on 4Runners.
@terrapin Man, all you gotta do is ask!

Half rack...

half_rack100_1.jpg
half_rack100_4.jpg

half_rack_100.jpg

3/4 rack...

100_3-4rack_1.jpg
75_rack100_3.jpg

All still available by request, though the reality is once you add it all up the total cost winds up not too much less than a full length flat rack... which has a lot more uses. But we do make these from time to time.

Also, they're more common on 4Runners because 4Runners don't have front towers! 3rd and 5th gen, at least... 4th gens didn't get middle towers. So for folks who don't like to drill, or don't want to cantilever out a roof rack, their only option is a shorter rack.

Question for anyone running the prinsu, prospeed, bowfin, victory 4x4 etc style racks. Can you mount a cargo carrier with wrap around clamp style mounting system. It looks like most of the new cargo carriers come with these clamp style mounts that wrap around the cross bars. Alot of these racks look too close to the roof for the clamps to work as intended. Maybe the method is to remove 2 cross bars, mount cargo carrier to the removed cross bars, and then reinstall them into the rack? Not sure, just wanted to see what people are doing. Thanks

So all I'm trying to find right now is the equivalent thread for rear bumpers.... it's not coming up easily on search!
Seen the body armour general thread, but no real full list of rear bumpers.

Another question for the group. Is anyone running extended cross bars on the prinsu, prospeed, victory racks? The crossbars look like they sit a little below the side rails, and I’m curious if there would be a simple way to occasionally put a couple of extended bars across the top.

Another question for the group. Is anyone running extended cross bars on the prinsu, prospeed, victory racks? The crossbars look like they sit a little below the side rails, and I’m curious if there would be a simple way to occasionally put a couple of extended bars across the top.
I don't normally jump into these but hey we could actually help with that, have 2 bolt-on solutions actually that might work for you.

First would be to add our multi brackets & tube clamps, 4 of each, then repurpose some extended length Yakima bars you may already own, or could source locally The multi brackets have slots on the bottom that bolt up to your extrusions, and the curves on the top of them and tube clamps are sized for Yakima bars. They were made for this application. Multi Brackets — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/multi-brackets

Second would be we could weld you a pair of cross bars at any length you desire- would be round steel, and they land on a base plate with a 3" hole pattern. You could then add our extrusion adapter plates to get those to mount to your extrusions. Cross Bars — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/cross-bars and Adapter plates — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/adapter-plates.

Actually a third option would be to just purchase some longer extrusions from 80/20, then figure out a way to bolt them to your current extrusions. You could get those joiner plates they sell and run them vertically to tie them together. hope that helps! :cheers:

Question for anyone running the prinsu, prospeed, bowfin, victory 4x4 etc style racks. Can you mount a cargo carrier with wrap around clamp style mounting system. It looks like most of the new cargo carriers come with these clamp style mounts that wrap around the cross bars. Alot of these racks look too close to the roof for the clamps to work as intended. Maybe the method is to remove 2 cross bars, mount cargo carrier to the removed cross bars, and then reinstall them into the rack? Not sure, just wanted to see what people are doing. Thanks

If you just want to mount a cargo carrier why not just use your stock cross bars...unless you have other uses in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom