All the reasons why you don't buy a steering rack anywhere else but Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good timing. I have to order a new rack in the next week or two. My 21 year old 230k mile rack has finally given up (leaking fluid like crazy). Going to be an expensive August for me as I need a new radiator and rotors as well.....YIKES!

Have you tried the ATP AT-205 Re-Seal yet? It may buy you some time. It did me, and some others here. I was leaking around the boot on the driver's side. A refill of fluid and some AT-205 and the leak has stopped for the time being (6+ months now).

Have you tried the ATP AT-205 Re-Seal yet? It may buy you some time. It did me, and some others here. I was leaking around the boot on the driver's side. A refill of fluid and some AT-205 and the leak has stopped for the time being (6+ months now).

This...I had a leak pulling into my driveway after HIH6, put in AT-205 in and it hasn't come back.

$475 and use promo code ThankYou50 for half off shipping
do i win? :)

my PO put on a aftermarket rack. failed and replaced with OEM 20k miles later.........

Are you guys with rack leaks running without a boot when adding AT-205 so it's obvious if it stops the leak...or not? Mine has to fill up the boot before I know it's still leaking.

Are you guys with rack leaks running without a boot when adding AT-205 so it's obvious if it stops the leak...or not? Mine has to fill up the boot before I know it's still leaking.
I did not know I had a leak until I pulled the Bellow. If it's coming out of the Bellow then it's got to be filled up a lot, and accelerating wear on the inner.

Exactly. I've only had to add very little over the last year but I can imagine the boot(bellow) is full. Guess I need to remove the boot to empty it; then see what happens over a period of time. It's never leaked enough to hit the ground. I hate leaks of any kind!

Are the OEM bushings already installed in a new OEM rack? I have a set of Whiteline poly bushings I was going to put in, but it seems like I’m losing a little fluid. Not sure it’s worth the effort to swap them out in my old rack. Don’t want to do it twice.

Are the OEM bushings already installed in a new OEM rack? I have a set of Whiteline poly bushings I was going to put in, but it seems like I’m losing a little fluid. Not sure it’s worth the effort to swap them out in my old rack. Don’t want to do it twice.
Yes they have bushings installed. Right now I'm debating for my new rack if I want poly Whiteline bushings again or OEM. The poly bushings feel great though

I did :( Both sides are leaking bad. I have to refill the reservoir every other day and I leave stains on the ground everywhere. On the flipside, my undercarriage has never been cleaner :) All that fluid pissing out on the LCAs and shocks have made them look new.

For those finding great prices, for the hat trick let's see if we can find a steering rack for an 03 lx470. (I've done the research) it seems that the 500 or so shipped price is up to an 02 and suddenly 03 and later are closer to 1k. Thanks Toyota?

For those finding great prices, for the hat trick let's see if we can find a steering rack for an 03 lx470. (I've done the research) it seems that the 500 or so shipped price is up to an 02 and suddenly 03 and later are closer to 1k. Thanks Toyota?

That there is the disadvantage to the VGRS feature on '03 and newer models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom